Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 51,868 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Keyboard Update / Change?

Tip us?

patchmonkey
Old
(Last edited by patchmonkey; 5th January 2014 at 05:27 PM.) Reason: Added pictures.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Samsung Keyboard Update / Change?

Hello all:

Has anyone else had the Samsung Keyboard suddenly change in the past 24-48 hours?

Until yesterday, I could long-press on letters, such as "m", and access the symbol on the same key as the letter. Last night, however, the keyboard changed and no longer has the long-press option. All symbols and punctuation are only available on the period key or in the symbol menu.

I feel like I'm going nuts - this is exceptionally aggravating. I know I can switch keyboards but the prior Samsung Keyboard was actually working very well for me - I don't particularly want to go back to regular SwiftKey or the Google Keyboard.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT (12:13PM EST): Here are pictures:

What it looks like now:

What it looked like 24 hours ago: (XDA doesn't want me to post any pictures, but it had punctuation marks etc. over each letter).

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

Armyrj127
Old
(Last edited by Armyrj127; 5th January 2014 at 04:57 PM.) Reason: spelling
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by patchmonkey View Post
Hello all:

Has anyone else had the Samsung Keyboard suddenly change in the past 24-48 hours?

Until yesterday, I could long-press on letters, such as "m", and access the symbol on the same key as the letter. Last night, however, the keyboard changed and no longer has the long-press option. All symbols and punctuation are only available on the period key or in the symbol menu.

I feel like I'm going nuts - this is exceptionally aggravating. I know I can switch keyboards but the prior Samsung Keyboard was actually working very well for me - I don't particularly want to go back to regular SwiftKey or the Google Keyboard.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app
\=$\ that was test using all longpress. It's working on my end and I'm on cleanrom 1.5 running mje.

patchmonkey
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I'm also running MJE. I did use the modified framework on a rooted stock rom to allow wireless tether - but that's the only change recently.

This really is driving me nuts...

skinnytoo2
Old
Thanks Meter 28
My long press buttons are working for me. Some even have more than one option when long pressed. What version is your keyboard?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

MrWilliams2
Old
(Last edited by MrWilliams2; 9th January 2014 at 06:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 26
I came here to post this question. It seems as though my secondary symbols have disappeared too. I have to press the SYM key to get to punctuation now. I'm not sure when it happened... I haven't accepted an update for the keyboard that I recall. I'm running CleanROM.
----------------
Droid Eris --> Droid Pro --> Droid X2 --> HTC Rezound --> Galaxy Note 3

whatsinaname
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I am on MI9 and my keyboard is doing the same as above.... didn't even notice til you said something.

DeathBySnuggles
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Are you rooted? Do you have xposed framework installed? If so, install wanam module. In system, there is an option to show or hide keyboard symbols. Give that a shot.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeathBySnuggles For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MrWilliams2
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathBySnuggles View Post
Are you rooted? Do you have xposed framework installed? If so, install wanam module. In system, there is an option to show or hide keyboard symbols. Give that a shot.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I see that option in Wanam. It was disabled. I enabled it, but it didn't add the symbols...
----------------

whatsinaname
Old
(Last edited by whatsinaname; 10th January 2014 at 05:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11
I am rooted and runing Wanam. in Wanam under system show or hide keyboard symbols was unchecked I enabled it, rebooted and now the symbols are back! cool. Thanks for the help. It must have happend during my last wanam update.
The Following User Says Thank You to whatsinaname For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MrWilliams2
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Still nothing for me. It sucks because I really like the keyboard. Oh well, back to Thumb Keyboard for now.

----------------

The Following User Says Thank You to MrWilliams2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]