Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,646 Members 47,000 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] My LG G2 is stuck in a boot loop after installing Cyanogenmod 11.

Tip us?

DaOldGrandpa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] My LG G2 is stuck in a boot loop after installing Cyanogenmod 11.

I rooted my D800 LG G2 and then I installed TWRP. I installed Cyanogenmod 11 without wiping but I performed a backup using ROM Manager. It didn't run well so I wiped everything but the data so that way I would keep my apps. Then it went into a boot loop so I wiped everything. It was still in a boot loop. I have no way of connecting it to my PC and the backup was deleted. How can I get it out of the boot loop?

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1279
Can you access download mode if so you should be able to use the 10d installer from (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2663369) to go back to stock

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

DaOldGrandpa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
Can you access download mode if so you should be able to use the 10d installer from (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2663369) to go back to stock

Yes I can access download mode. I'll try that then and let you know if it works.

DaOldGrandpa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTE=XxZombiePikachu;50800269]Can you access download mode if so you should be able to use the 10d installer from (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2663369) to go back to stock
Ok thank you very much! That worked! Now I'm running Cyanogenmod 11 and there's one problem with it. When I turn my volume up all the way my speakers distort. I tried swapping the snd_soc_msm_Taiko file but I couldn't find the stock one. Just the volume boost one. It still distorts though. Any ideas?

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1279
If you are using a sound mod than you should ask there or the cm thread I can't help since I am not on cm and have never had that issue

zolahn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
U should flash stock rom to fix it

Amandyke
Old
Thanks Meter 9
And for future reference, when you change roms you *MUST* wipe the data partition. If you want to backup your applications, use something like titanium backup to make an app by app backup and then restore after you've installed the new rom.

MK45A
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Me too, was stuck on boot loop but was lucky to have another rom in the phone and flashed it in TWRP.

DaOldGrandpa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Another LG G2 stuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post

So using the Flash Tool did work great. But now I have a friend who tried to install Cyanogenmod but didn't like the way it ran so he used his backup of the original ROM to restore it. He deleted all the data and caches after each step of the installation too. But last night while he was asleep it booted itself into TWRP and is now stuck in a boot loop. But download mode is not accessible because USB debugging was not enabled yet (I think that's the reason it won't enter download mode anyway). So does anyone have any idea how this can be fixed?

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1279
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGrandpa View Post
So using the Flash Tool did work great. But now I have a friend who tried to install Cyanogenmod but didn't like the way it ran so he used his backup of the original ROM to restore it. He deleted all the data and caches after each step of the installation too. But last night while he was asleep it booted itself into TWRP and is now stuck in a boot loop. But download mode is not accessible because USB debugging was not enabled yet (I think that's the reason it won't enter download mode anyway). So does anyone have any idea how this can be fixed?
well if the cause was an ota and he can access twrp he can try http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696 but since I don't know the cause it might not work