Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more
Post Reply

Disappointed with Camera, suggest alternate cameras apps

OP honest1212

26th January 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
304 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Had purchased this phone with lot of expectations about OIS camera but unfortunately the camera itself is capable bug LG provided with not a great camera app.
Now I know that there are mods available which to some extent improve the quality of photos but still its not upto the mark.
Now I want to know whether you are using any good camera app which you consider gives better result than the stock camera?
Looking forward to your suggestions.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
26th January 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #2  
votinh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 430
 
2,229 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by honest1212

Had purchased this phone with lot of expectations about OIS camera but unfortunately the camera itself is capable bug LG provided with not a great camera app.
Now I know that there are mods available which to some extent improve the quality of photos but still its not upto the mark.
Now I want to know whether you are using any good camera app which you consider gives better result than the stock camera?
Looking forward to your suggestions.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I personally think the camera itself is great piece of hardware, the software is on the other hand, however, as many reported (and I agreed) the IQ (image quality) when taking in the good light source is super. In another hand, when taking under low light condition, it's crap.
There is a modded version of it, if yours is rooted, give it a try.
I tend not to install 3rd party app.
26th January 2014, 06:28 PM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
I've tried the camera on stock lg rom and 4.4.2 on PA, both pictures look terrible compared to the Nexus 5's camera with HDR mode.
26th January 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #4  
yuravake's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 1
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
I am using Focal camera (from the ex-CyanogenMod app ). Great UI and features. Still beta, but no lags for me)
The Following User Says Thank You to yuravake For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th January 2014, 08:41 PM   |  #5  
lionheart2092's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear00

I've tried the camera on stock lg rom and 4.4.2 on PA, both pictures look terrible compared to the Nexus 5's camera with HDR mode.

lol what? the nexus 5 is a g2 with a worse camera so how does that work?
26th January 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #6  
TheHaso's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hokksund
Thanks Meter: 466
 
1,520 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionheart2092

lol what? the nexus 5 is a g2 with a worse camera so how does that work?

Random noobs that flame a device they buy. I never understand people buying a phone and just complains.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
26th January 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #7  
lionheart2092's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHaso

Random noobs that flame a device they buy. I never understand people buying a phone and just complains.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

personally i think the camera is pretty decent on the g2 id imagine the lumia ones are better obviously but fail to see another phone thats better than the g2's
The Following User Says Thank You to lionheart2092 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 02:20 AM   |  #8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
lmao. random noobs who haven't even used the other device talking about comparison? what do you know? nothing.. keep theorycrafting.

the nexus 5 has an optimized camera app that has better image stabilization and HDR+ mode that actually works by taking 5 pictures and combining it into a much crisper picture compared to normal mode. the HDR mode in the G2 looks practically the same in terms of sharpness and quality.
27th January 2014, 03:51 AM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
201 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear00

I've tried the camera on stock lg rom and 4.4.2 on PA, both pictures look terrible compared to the Nexus 5's camera with HDR mode.

I'm the opposite heh, I returned my Nexus 5 and picked up a G2 and think the pictures from the G2 look considerably better, in anything but great lightning. Outside with great lighting I think both create very good photos. Additionally, while the software part on the G2 isn't great it's still well ahead of the camera software on the Nexus, which is about as bare bones basic as you can get.
27th January 2014, 08:39 AM   |  #10  
TheHaso's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hokksund
Thanks Meter: 466
 
1,520 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear00

lmao. random noobs who haven't even used the other device talking about comparison? what do you know? nothing.. keep theorycrafting.

the nexus 5 has an optimized camera app that has better image stabilization and HDR+ mode that actually works by taking 5 pictures and combining it into a much crisper picture compared to normal mode. the HDR mode in the G2 looks practically the same in terms of sharpness and quality.

I have tried both phones. One does not need to be Einstein to see the difference.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in G2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank