MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Disappointed with Camera, suggest alternate cameras apps

OP honest1212

26th January 2014, 05:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43

306 posts
More
Had purchased this phone with lot of expectations about OIS camera but unfortunately the camera itself is capable bug LG provided with not a great camera app.
Now I know that there are mods available which to some extent improve the quality of photos but still its not upto the mark.
Now I want to know whether you are using any good camera app which you consider gives better result than the stock camera?
Looking forward to your suggestions.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
26th January 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 431

2,244 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by honest1212

Had purchased this phone with lot of expectations about OIS camera but unfortunately the camera itself is capable bug LG provided with not a great camera app.
Now I know that there are mods available which to some extent improve the quality of photos but still its not upto the mark.
Now I want to know whether you are using any good camera app which you consider gives better result than the stock camera?
Looking forward to your suggestions.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I personally think the camera itself is great piece of hardware, the software is on the other hand, however, as many reported (and I agreed) the IQ (image quality) when taking in the good light source is super. In another hand, when taking under low light condition, it's crap.
There is a modded version of it, if yours is rooted, give it a try.
I tend not to install 3rd party app.
26th January 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 10

52 posts
I've tried the camera on stock lg rom and 4.4.2 on PA, both pictures look terrible compared to the Nexus 5's camera with HDR mode.
26th January 2014, 09:35 PM   |  #4  
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
More
I am using Focal camera (from the ex-CyanogenMod app ). Great UI and features. Still beta, but no lags for me)
The Following User Says Thank You to yuravake For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th January 2014, 09:41 PM   |  #5  

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear00

I've tried the camera on stock lg rom and 4.4.2 on PA, both pictures look terrible compared to the Nexus 5's camera with HDR mode.

lol what? the nexus 5 is a g2 with a worse camera so how does that work?
26th January 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 498

1,601 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionheart2092

lol what? the nexus 5 is a g2 with a worse camera so how does that work?

Random noobs that flame a device they buy. I never understand people buying a phone and just complains.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
26th January 2014, 11:47 PM   |  #7  

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHaso

Random noobs that flame a device they buy. I never understand people buying a phone and just complains.

personally i think the camera is pretty decent on the g2 id imagine the lumia ones are better obviously but fail to see another phone thats better than the g2's
The Following User Says Thank You to lionheart2092 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 03:20 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 10

52 posts
lmao. random noobs who haven't even used the other device talking about comparison? what do you know? nothing.. keep theorycrafting.

the nexus 5 has an optimized camera app that has better image stabilization and HDR+ mode that actually works by taking 5 pictures and combining it into a much crisper picture compared to normal mode. the HDR mode in the G2 looks practically the same in terms of sharpness and quality.
27th January 2014, 04:51 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 22

201 posts
Quote:

I'm the opposite heh, I returned my Nexus 5 and picked up a G2 and think the pictures from the G2 look considerably better, in anything but great lightning. Outside with great lighting I think both create very good photos. Additionally, while the software part on the G2 isn't great it's still well ahead of the camera software on the Nexus, which is about as bare bones basic as you can get.
27th January 2014, 09:39 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 498

1,601 posts
More
Quote:

lmao. random noobs who haven't even used the other device talking about comparison? what do you know? nothing.. keep theorycrafting.

the nexus 5 has an optimized camera app that has better image stabilization and HDR+ mode that actually works by taking 5 pictures and combining it into a much crisper picture compared to normal mode. the HDR mode in the G2 looks practically the same in terms of sharpness and quality.

I have tried both phones. One does not need to be Einstein to see the difference.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread