Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,708 Members 52,411 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Disappointed with Camera, suggest alternate cameras apps

Tip us?

honest1212
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Default Disappointed with Camera, suggest alternate cameras apps

Had purchased this phone with lot of expectations about OIS camera but unfortunately the camera itself is capable bug LG provided with not a great camera app.
Now I know that there are mods available which to some extent improve the quality of photos but still its not upto the mark.
Now I want to know whether you are using any good camera app which you consider gives better result than the stock camera?
Looking forward to your suggestions.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

votinh
Old
Thanks Meter 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by honest1212 View Post
Had purchased this phone with lot of expectations about OIS camera but unfortunately the camera itself is capable bug LG provided with not a great camera app.
Now I know that there are mods available which to some extent improve the quality of photos but still its not upto the mark.
Now I want to know whether you are using any good camera app which you consider gives better result than the stock camera?
Looking forward to your suggestions.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
I personally think the camera itself is great piece of hardware, the software is on the other hand, however, as many reported (and I agreed) the IQ (image quality) when taking in the good light source is super. In another hand, when taking under low light condition, it's crap.
There is a modded version of it, if yours is rooted, give it a try.
I tend not to install 3rd party app.
Official CM10.1 Nightly @ 1000MHz NOOKcolor
Offiical CM11 KK Nightly on Kindle Fire 1st-Gen
Rooted Kindle Fire HD 8.9" w/ Nova Launcher
Virgin JB 4.3 on Sony Xperia Tablet Z
Stock ROM KK 4.4.2 on LG-D800

Virgin Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 - LOST
Slimbean 8.1 on Galaxy S2 i777 - LOST

gummybear00
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I've tried the camera on stock lg rom and 4.4.2 on PA, both pictures look terrible compared to the Nexus 5's camera with HDR mode.

yuravake
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I am using Focal camera (from the ex-CyanogenMod app ). Great UI and features. Still beta, but no lags for me)
The Following User Says Thank You to yuravake For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lionheart2092
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear00 View Post
I've tried the camera on stock lg rom and 4.4.2 on PA, both pictures look terrible compared to the Nexus 5's camera with HDR mode.
lol what? the nexus 5 is a g2 with a worse camera so how does that work?

TheHaso
Old
Thanks Meter 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionheart2092 View Post
lol what? the nexus 5 is a g2 with a worse camera so how does that work?
Random noobs that flame a device they buy. I never understand people buying a phone and just complains.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Xperia Charging Animations
HDPI and MDPI

Phone
LG G2 D802 32GB

Previous Phone
Xperia Arc LT15i (LT18i format)
Super Jelly Bean 8 - SJB KK Kernel

lionheart2092
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHaso View Post
Random noobs that flame a device they buy. I never understand people buying a phone and just complains.

personally i think the camera is pretty decent on the g2 id imagine the lumia ones are better obviously but fail to see another phone thats better than the g2's
The Following User Says Thank You to lionheart2092 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gummybear00
Old
Thanks Meter 10
lmao. random noobs who haven't even used the other device talking about comparison? what do you know? nothing.. keep theorycrafting.

the nexus 5 has an optimized camera app that has better image stabilization and HDR+ mode that actually works by taking 5 pictures and combining it into a much crisper picture compared to normal mode. the HDR mode in the G2 looks practically the same in terms of sharpness and quality.

krichek
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
I'm the opposite heh, I returned my Nexus 5 and picked up a G2 and think the pictures from the G2 look considerably better, in anything but great lightning. Outside with great lighting I think both create very good photos. Additionally, while the software part on the G2 isn't great it's still well ahead of the camera software on the Nexus, which is about as bare bones basic as you can get.

TheHaso
Old
Thanks Meter 434
Quote:
lmao. random noobs who haven't even used the other device talking about comparison? what do you know? nothing.. keep theorycrafting.

the nexus 5 has an optimized camera app that has better image stabilization and HDR+ mode that actually works by taking 5 pictures and combining it into a much crisper picture compared to normal mode. the HDR mode in the G2 looks practically the same in terms of sharpness and quality.
I have tried both phones. One does not need to be Einstein to see the difference.

Xperia Charging Animations
HDPI and MDPI

Phone
LG G2 D802 32GB

Previous Phone
Xperia Arc LT15i (LT18i format)
Super Jelly Bean 8 - SJB KK Kernel