Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Bezel Replacement VS980

OP sefirosu0522

4th March 2014, 02:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41

524 posts
Hey guys. I was an idiot this morning and dropped my phone a whole 2 feet. Landed on it's bottom and now the bezel has dents in it. I'd like to try and replace it. Does anyone know a good site where I can buy parts? I was looking on eBay but everything I found seems to be white. Could someone point me in the right direction? I think it's the bezel that's damaged. I'm attaching an image. Any help is welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bezel.jpg
Views:	1929
Size:	249.0 KB
ID:	2612698  
4th March 2014, 03:15 PM   |  #2  
Flag Tirana
Thanks Meter: 19

120 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sefirosu0522

Hey guys. I was an idiot this morning and dropped my phone a whole 2 feet. Landed on it's bottom and now the bezel has dents in it. I'd like to try and replace it. Does anyone know a good site where I can buy parts? I was looking on eBay but everything I found seems to be white. Could someone point me in the right direction? I think it's the bezel that's damaged. I'm attaching an image. Any help is welcome.

by watching the video it looks like the part you scratched is glued to the screen assembly. :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IiqWDlefaI
4th March 2014, 03:24 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41

524 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samkle

by watching the video it looks like the part you scratched is glued to the screen assembly. :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IiqWDlefaI

I'll have to check the video out at home. At work. Kind of hard. Thanks for the info. If the part I scratched is glued to the screen, could a new bezel and digitizer work then
5th March 2014, 09:50 AM   |  #4  
Flag Tirana
Thanks Meter: 19

120 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sefirosu0522

I'll have to check the video out at home. At work. Kind of hard. Thanks for the info. If the part I scratched is glued to the screen, could a new bezel and digitizer work then

it probably would but changing the digitizer is a difficult job because there is a pretty high risk damaging the screen when removing it if you font know what youre doing.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread