Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,180 Members 38,717 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bluetooth drivers or is it something else.

Tip us?

ossito2012
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Default Bluetooth drivers or is it something else.

I am curious as to what makes BLuetooth work in android. Are there just drivers for a particular Bluetooth hardware like drivers on a pc for a WiFi card. Trying to understand what is so different from Bluetooth functioning on 4.2.2 and not on 4.4.2. I would think that the stock 4.4.2 works just fine. What makes the aosp-cm11versions so messed up?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
Just make it work right

xxxrichievxxx
Old
Thanks Meter 101
To my knowledge they are just like drivers on a PC. The way I look at it - when it comes to drivers from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2 is like Windows xp drivers trying to get them to work on Windows 8. Sometimes they work with a few tweaks here and there and (if not all most of the time) they don't work.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Docomo Aquos SH-04F - KitKat 4.4.2

Once you go LTE, you never go back.

The Following User Says Thank You to xxxrichievxxx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ossito2012
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxrichievxxx View Post
To my knowledge they are just like drivers on a PC. The way I look at it - when it comes to drivers from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2 is like Windows xp drivers trying to get them to work on Windows 8. Sometimes they work with a few tweaks here and there and (if not all most of the time) they don't work.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
you know I was thinking that, I guess I never realized that jellybean & kitkat were that different, but that makes sense
Just make it work right