Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 45,135 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][DISCUSSION] Ubuntu Touch B&N Nook Tablet

Tip us?

dejello
Old
(Last edited by dejello; 14th May 2013 at 06:03 AM.) Reason: update
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Tablet [ROM][DISCUSSION] Ubuntu Touch B&N Nook Tablet

Hey all, I've been around for a while and suppose I finally got off my butt and decided to try my hand at building stuff. I just wanted to let you know I posted this in the Ubuntu Touch Dev forum:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=41307690

All credits go to the efforts of all the devs who have gotten us this far, I know there would be no hope for me without them :P
Not really usable, but it boots!

I'd like to keep the dev questions in that thread if we can. General discussion can be here.
Updated dev post...

-dejello
Current Toys: Droid Charge - Still have, collecting dust, Motorola Moto X, Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet 16G and Nook HD+ 16G, Raspberry PI Model B
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dejello For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dejello
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Posted a 2nd build and added stuff to the post, sorry about the name change, more for me than anything else. Apps stay open, videos stopped working >.< I haven't checked the logs for anything yet, will do when I get a chance...

Figured I'd put up some new pics... I found out apparently if you swipe right on the status icons you get a Device pull down vs the individual ones... <-- DIdn't know that until a little bit ago :P Pics show that, multitasking (gallery on left, calc on right) and Home screen with the side bar...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-05-13 23.46.09.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	217.3 KB
ID:	1960578   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-05-13 23.45.53.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	197.1 KB
ID:	1960579   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-05-13 23.43.40.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	1960580   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-05-13 23.43.23.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	1960581  
Current Toys: Droid Charge - Still have, collecting dust, Motorola Moto X, Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet 16G and Nook HD+ 16G, Raspberry PI Model B

hungmung
Old
Thanks Meter 112
I was just wondering today wether anyone had tried this yet thanks for the effort it's appreciated.

Sent via carrier pigeon...

marcusmarcus
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Any way to run this off an SD card?

dejello
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
I haven't even looked into it yet... I need to look into the Ubuntu side of the code to see what it isn't pulling in like it should be so this thing can function better. I found a script in another forum for auto changing the display stuff, added an Acclaim piece to it and it works, will upload it when I get off work today.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda app-developers app

TheForceUnleashed
Old
Thanks Meter 234
So the wifi doesn't work? Try using another wpa supplicant, like in Demetris's kernel.
Droid Razr M (CM11.0 4.4.3)
Nook Tablet (AOKP 4.4.2)
Nexus 5 (AOSP 4.4.3)
The Following User Says Thank You to TheForceUnleashed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrchaos429
Old
Thanks Meter 2
How is the dev coming

dejello
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Sorry, no new news yet, i didn't get too much of a chance this weekend to look into it... Between the family and having had to basically start over and I kept having problems even getting cm10.1 to build... I will work more on it time willing ofc..

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda app-developers app

verbalshadow
Old
Thanks Meter 2
What steps are you following to build this? I what to build a Linux other than Ubuntu touch. I think that plasma active would be awesome on NT.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

TheForceUnleashed
Old
Thanks Meter 234
The Wi-Fi problem comes from the Ubuntu end. Since this is Ubuntu Developer Preview, the wifi does not work.
Droid Razr M (CM11.0 4.4.3)
Nook Tablet (AOKP 4.4.2)
Nexus 5 (AOSP 4.4.3)