Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,170 Members 49,201 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked Nexus 5, please help !!

Tip us?

thefunkyjoint
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy [Q] Bricked Nexus 5, please help !!

Hi,

Here is my story.

I have Nexus devices since the first one, and every year i replace the old model for newer one.

Yesterday i bought i Nexus 5 to replace my current Nexus 4.

I did the same old show i always do when i buy a new Nexus : rooted it and installed my favorite rom, AOKP. I used Nexus Root Tookit 1.8.1 to unlock and root.

Everything seemed to be fine until i tried to use mobile data connection for the first time (i was using Wifi only until then). What happens : the Nexus keep connecting and dropping connection. The 'H' icon appears and suddenly disappears, then even the signal bars fade out. Then the signal bars appear again , then the H, then i see the arrows trying to connect and... boom, the process starts all over again. Restored a Nandroid backup from the stock rom, same problem !

I thought was a failed device, so i went to the shop to replace , as i bought it yesterday.

BUT when i get there, the sales guy refuses to replace it because i rooted the phone. Well , i always read this kind of thing, if you root the phone, you void warranty, but as i've been doing it for years, never worried about. But now...

So this is my situation : i just paid about us$ 600 (i live in Brazil) for a phone that does not work.

I really want to believe it's a software problem and some tweak will fix it. I'm a software developer and i never see something like you damage hardware components by installing software... makes no sense.

And if the device already had this problem before the root process i will win the bad lucky prize...

Please help, any hints will be VERY appreciated. It's not easy to earn 600 bucks, believe me

Cheers

thefunkyjoint
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
The entire thing turned to be a mistery.

I could unroot and relock the bootloader, so the sales guy agreed to replace the device.

But the new one, just opened, had the same problem !

So i went to the carrier shop and replaced my SIM card. No lucky.

Maybe the device is not compatbile with my carrier ?

thefunkyjoint
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
The problem was on my carrier network, nevermind.
Tags
bricked, nexus5