[APP][4.0+][v1.18]PicPac - You can make your own Lego Movie! Stop motion + time lapse
[APP][4.0+][v1.18]PicPac - You can make your own Lego Movie! Stop motion + time lapse in one app
The Lego Movie (watch trailer here) is no doubt a blockbuster, though the movie was actually generated by computer graphics.
This PicPac app enables EVERYONE to make their own Lego Movie, plus many possibilities.
10 demo videos - The website features 10 demo videos to show the functionality and possibility of this app.
All happens at the phone - All these videos are made by myself with my Nexus 5. No upload to server, no copy to computer. More detailed explanation on these demo videos can be found at the blog - http://blog.picpac.tv/
Stop motion, time lapse, photo slideshow - To put it simply, it is an Android app which creates timelapse video, stop motion video and photo slideshow very easily. It uses your gallery photos, gallery videos (broken down to pictures) or Instagram photos, or captures time-lapse photos.
Build a community - It also builds a community with people who love timelapse and stop motion. I am very surprised that there is no such online community exist, though there are so many such-kind-of videos on Youtube and Vimeo.
Features of this app
1. All processing is at the phone. No uploading to server. No copy to computer.
2. Easily create stop motion, time lapse videos and photo slideshow
3. Import from Instagram, take time-lapse photos, extract pictures from videos
4. Add audio (record your own, local music, or search SoundCloud music).
5. Add video title, change font
6. Share to the PicPac community, and other social networks.
7. Explore the latest uploads in the community.
How to use this app?
1. Create a new project by one of these methods: select gallery photos, import Instagram photos, extract pictures from a selected video, and take time-lapse photos.
2. Select Pictures - Select the pictures you want to be in the video by clicking them. Choose a speed, set title and font, and create the video.
3. Add Audio - you can record your voice, select local music, search SoundCloud music.
4. Share the video to the community on Youtube, or share it to other places (Facebook, Google+, etc.)
Versions and upgrade
1. Can generate 360p videos
2. Can record your own audio
3. Can select local music or search online music
4. Can reorder pictures
5. Cannot duplicate or merge projects
6. Cannot change video ending logo
Upgrade to Pro (in-app purchase):
1. Can generate 480p,720p,1080p videos
2. Can duplicate and merge projects
3. Can use your own ending logo
After about three months of app design and development, website frontend and backend setup, blog setup and social website setup,
this PicPac app is live for public beta testing. I am an independent Android developer and a PhD student, so I do not have much money to play with for graphic
design and in-depth testing. So I really hope the public can give me bug report and feedback to help me improve this app.
XDA-Developer is a great place as always that encourages me a lot for my Android app development
The in-app purchases have changed.
Previously has Pro $1.99 to enable some of the features, then Premium $1.99 to enable all features (requires to upgrade to Pro first)
Now only keep Pro $1.99 which include all the features. This is updated from some user feedback and to clear the confusion of two-step upgrade.
FC when searching for Audio with SoundCloud Music.
Hope you can make sense of al that text, cause I can't!! lol
Thank you for the logcat. I also got a few from the Google Play Console.
That was probably because I forgot to encode the query string to a good format, so for example if it contains space, it crash...
I have updated the code to fix a few other bugs, and will push it to Google Play in a few hours.
You will get the app auto updated in roughly 12 hours.
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?