The Lego Movie (watch trailer here) is no doubt a blockbuster, though the movie was actually generated by computer graphics.
This PicPac app enables EVERYONE to make their own Lego Movie, plus many possibilities.
Homepage - http://picpac.tv
10 demo videos - The website features 10 demo videos to show the functionality and possibility of this app.
All happens at the phone - All these videos are made by myself with my Nexus 5. No upload to server, no copy to computer. More detailed explanation on these demo videos can be found at the blog - http://blog.picpac.tv/
Stop motion, time lapse, photo slideshow - To put it simply, it is an Android app which creates timelapse video, stop motion video and photo slideshow very easily. It uses your gallery photos, gallery videos (broken down to pictures) or Instagram photos, or captures time-lapse photos.
Build a community - It also builds a community with people who love timelapse and stop motion. I am very surprised that there is no such online community exist, though there are so many such-kind-of videos on Youtube and Vimeo.
This app is released at Google Play:
Here are the demo and tutorial video:
You can find some screenshots on Google Play:
Features of this app
1. All processing is at the phone. No uploading to server. No copy to computer.
2. Easily create stop motion, time lapse videos and photo slideshow
3. Import from Instagram, take time-lapse photos, extract pictures from videos
4. Add audio (record your own, local music, or search SoundCloud music).
5. Add video title, change font
6. Share to the PicPac community, and other social networks.
7. Explore the latest uploads in the community.
How to use this app?
1. Create a new project by one of these methods: select gallery photos, import Instagram photos, extract pictures from a selected video, and take time-lapse photos.
2. Select Pictures - Select the pictures you want to be in the video by clicking them. Choose a speed, set title and font, and create the video.
3. Add Audio - you can record your voice, select local music, search SoundCloud music.
4. Share the video to the community on Youtube, or share it to other places (Facebook, Google+, etc.)
Versions and upgrade
1. Can generate 360p videos
2. Can record your own audio
3. Can select local music or search online music
4. Can reorder pictures
5. Cannot duplicate or merge projects
6. Cannot change video ending logo
Upgrade to Pro (in-app purchase):
1. Can generate 480p,720p,1080p videos
2. Can duplicate and merge projects
3. Can use your own ending logo
Note: They have basically the same content as I am syncing Twitter to the Facebook page
Finally, some notes on my app development.
After about three months of app design and development, website frontend and backend setup, blog setup and social website setup,
this PicPac app is live for public beta testing. I am an independent Android developer and a PhD student, so I do not have much money to play with for graphic
design and in-depth testing. So I really hope the public can give me bug report and feedback to help me improve this app.
XDA-Developer is a great place as always that encourages me a lot for my Android app development