Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 46,682 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Motorola Defy Mini randomly rebooting

Tip us?

edis_mehmedali
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Motorola Defy Mini randomly rebooting

So I have a rooted defy mini and a few days ago it started randomly rebooting. I first noticed it when I tried to wake the phone from sleep, the capacitive buttons lit up but the display stayed black and after a few seconds the phone rebooted. This has happened a few more times since. But now I also noticed that it reboots without me doing anything. I was watching tv with the phone next to me and I saw the screen light up and the phone rebooted just like that. NOTE: It hasn't rebooted while I'm using it, just when it's inactive

Sent from my XT320 using xda app-developers app

diNovoM
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Did you just root the official builds or what? Which Build are you using generally? Did you check your ROMs known limitations? Besides that it could be an Application causing that, especially with root privileges so if you know you're using a known to be stable build you might start writing your tuning/cleaning apps. Btw., did you OC?

rootdefyxt320
Old
Thanks Meter 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by edis_mehmedali View Post
So I have a rooted defy mini and a few days ago it started randomly rebooting. I first noticed it when I tried to wake the phone from sleep, the capacitive buttons lit up but the display stayed black and after a few seconds the phone rebooted. This has happened a few more times since. But now I also noticed that it reboots without me doing anything. I was watching tv with the phone next to me and I saw the screen light up and the phone rebooted just like that. NOTE: It hasn't rebooted while I'm using it, just when it's inactive

Wipe Data/Factory Reset in Stock Recovery and flash the stock SBF using RSD-Lite.
Devices:
Motorola Defy Mini XT320- Stock 2.3.6 Rooted.
Sony Xperia X10 Mini Pro U20i- Cyanogenmod 10.

Press the thanks button if I helped you instead of saying thanks

edis_mehmedali
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I am using stock 2.3.6. Anyway since I posted it hasn't restarted yet. Don't know what was causing it. Maybe it was just a temporary issue