Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,301 Members 50,777 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

stock ringtones

Tip us?

bone101
Old
(Last edited by bone101; 27th February 2014 at 01:15 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 110
Default stock ringtones

If i delete all system/media/audio/ringtones .ogg files go to settings/audio/ringtones and all files still here and can play sound , where are the location of this sound files ?

Quarx CM11

Sent from my MB526 using xda app-developers app

MysticRose
Old
Thanks Meter 0
they prolly are part of the compilation. walk through android wiki, that might help

bharathexe
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by bone101 View Post
If i delete all system/media/audio/ringtones .ogg files go to settings/audio/ringtones and all files still here and can play sound , where are the location of this sound files ?

Quarx CM11

Sent from my MB526 using xda app-developers app

Once u restart after deleting the ringtone files, they will appear in Sound settings. But, selecting any deleted ringtone will play the default ringtone sound. (the same tone which plays when u select a ringtone in SD card and remove/unmount the SD card and get a call)

This free app can be used to remove the ringtone ; the ringtone name also gets deleted from Sound settings.
MB525 Green Lens Defy
The Following User Says Thank You to bharathexe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bone101
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathexe View Post
Once u restart after deleting the ringtone files, they will appear in Sound settings. But, selecting any deleted ringtone will play the default ringtone sound. (the same tone which plays when u select a ringtone in SD card and remove/unmount the SD card and get a call)

This free app can be used to remove the ringtone ; the ringtone name also gets deleted from Sound settings.
So is it

THX

Sent from my MB525 red , froyo 2.2.2 german blurless service.sbf, as stock rom