Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 38,668 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is my warranty voided?

Tip us?
 
MienTommy
Old
(Last edited by MienTommy; 4th March 2014 at 07:11 AM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Nov 2011
Default Is my warranty voided?

My phone autoupdated from 4.2.2 to 4.3 while it was rooted with activeroot. Now whenever I turn on my phone, I get the custom lock symbol whenever I reboot and my system status says "custom". However, when I boot into download mode, my knox warranty is still at 0x0. I need to send my phone in for warranty because I just received my replacement.

It says:

Odin Mode
Product Name: SGH-I537
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Custom
Knox Kernel Lock: 0x0
Knox Warranty Void: 0x0
CSB-CONFIG-LSB: 0x30
Write Protection: Enable
eMMC Burst Mode enabled
 
tiskael
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 99
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MienTommy View Post
My phone autoupdated from 4.2.2 to 4.3 while it was rooted with activeroot. Now whenever I turn on my phone, I get the custom lock symbol whenever I reboot and my system status says "custom". However, when I boot into download mode, my knox warranty is still at 0x0. I need to send my phone in for warranty because I just received my replacement.

It says:

Odin Mode
Product Name: SGH-I537
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Custom
Knox Kernel Lock: 0x0
Knox Warranty Void: 0x0
CSB-CONFIG-LSB: 0x30
Write Protection: Enable
eMMC Burst Mode enabled
If you sent it back to Samsung the way it is now they would know it's been rooted therefore they would consider your warranty void. You can un-root it by reinstalling the stock firmware and using triangle away, which will cost you like $3.
 
MienTommy
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiskael View Post
If you sent it back to Samsung the way it is now they would know it's been rooted therefore they would consider your warranty void. You can un-root it by reinstalling the stock firmware and using triangle away, which will cost you like $3.
I am trying to reinstall the stock firmware, but since I have 4.3 on it, it won't let me go back to 4.2.2
 
tiskael
Old
(Last edited by tiskael; 4th March 2014 at 08:21 PM.)
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 99
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MienTommy View Post
I am trying to reinstall the stock firmware, but since I have 4.3 on it, it won't let me go back to 4.2.2
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50739578

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

EDIT: @MienTommy sorry, I don't know what happened here, sent it from my phone so something must have stuffed up.
 
MienTommy
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiskael View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk
No thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
 
MienTommy
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiskael View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50739578

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

EDIT: @MienTommy sorry, I don't know what happened here, sent it from my phone so something must have stuffed up.
Ah, I have already looked at that solution. Unfortunately the bootloader is locked on the official 4.3 ML2, so I cannot flash it back.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes