Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,073 Members 46,082 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] After restart doesnt start

Tip us?

Pilsner12
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] After restart doesnt start

Hi,
About a month I used rom AR and I was aware of her faults (which yesterday revealed that it is not true), that when I restart, phone must be connected to the pc, and start bootloader via fastboot and the Command Promt flash boot.img dissected from ROM. Fortunately ROM, stable, so I followed all the time does not restart.
Yesterday I got a taste for change (and I wanted to get rid of the problem) and I downladed at first 4.4 ROM from xda taktik then 4.3JB and finally cyangen mod 7.2 Problem unfortunately stayed at all the same. When restarting HTC logo flashes and then turns off the display and starts "black" will flash this is over, unless we do the above procedure via the bootloader.
Does anyone an idea how to fix it?
Thnx

pauleversham
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Have you format system + data + cache in mount and storage after wipe data cache and dalvik cache? Try this, if not success I think the only way is download the latest ruu and run it. You will be go back to stock. And we can use tools to root and flash custom recovery.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

JJeamy
Old
Thanks Meter 137
@Pilsner12 what the state of your phone bootloader..?, is that just unlocked with s-on..?, or already s-off..?, and what a custom recovery you used..?

if your phone is just unlocked with still s-on...did you already flashing a boot.img from the rom.zip that you already installed..?
press the button .. then you have proved that you really appreciate someone help

HTC Sensation XE Z715e >>S-OFF||4Ext_Recovery||ViperS 5.1.0 Sense 5 ROM
HTC Desire S>>S-OFF||4Ext_Recovery||MDDI Panel-Hopefully future development Kernel
Samsung Galaxy Y SCH-I509>>Stock
Blackberry Bellagio 9790>>Hybrid OS TheZoners_XHDTuning Series 7.1

Pilsner12
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
to JJeamy:
bootloader is s-on, with touched clockworkmod 5.8.1.5, ROM cyanogen mod 7.2
if I standartly restart phone, didnt start. I must connect phone to pc, run bootloader, than fastboot and from pc via command prompt "send" boot.img (prepared from cm7.2) than phone restart and start correctly.

to pauleversham:
I will try it again (but I thing everythning expect SD card was formated, wiped, etc..) If I run RUU rom, I lost root permision, or is it possible get rooted RUU?

JJeamy
Old
(Last edited by JJeamy; 14th February 2014 at 12:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilsner12 View Post
to JJeamy:
bootloader is s-on, with touched clockworkmod 5.8.1.5, ROM cyanogen mod 7.2
if I standartly restart phone, didnt start. I must connect phone to pc, run bootloader, than fastboot and from pc via command prompt "send" boot.img (prepared from cm7.2) than phone restart and start correctly.

to pauleversham:
I will try it again (but I thing everythning expect SD card was formated, wiped, etc..) If I run RUU rom, I lost root permision, or is it possible get rooted RUU?
so...you mean that you've already/ always flashing boot.img from the rom.zip itself after installing the rom from recovery...and that's mean your phone already can booting normally..right...?, so where's the problem exactly..?
anyway..if the problem you asked is...why you must always do a flashing boot.img manually after installing any new custom rom to boot normally is bacause you're still had s-on flag on your bootloader..that's why bootloader can't give permission to a custom recovery for flashing boot partition..

if you wanna running RUU...then you should be relocked your bootloader first..and that's mean your will return to the stock..so to rooting it again...you must unlocking your bootloader again..
press the button .. then you have proved that you really appreciate someone help

HTC Desire S>>S-OFF||4Ext_Recovery||MDDI Panel-Hopefully future development Kernel

Pilsner12
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Everytime, when I flash new rom, I have to flash boot.img. I know that. But problem is when I only restart phone, I need to flash boot.img otherwise phone doesnt start.
Today I find out:
- in clockworkmod I try to make a backup. Everything went great (back up boot image, recovery, system, data, android secure, cache) , but at the end I got a message: "No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext."

Before AR rom I had many other roms and backing up and restarting without flashing wors fine.

The last hint which you give me is my last solution. I wouldnt lose my root privileges. I had a lot of trouble to get it..

JJeamy
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Everytime, when I flash new rom, I have to flash boot.img. I know that. But problem is when I only restart phone, I need to flash boot.img otherwise phone doesnt start.
Today I find out:
- in clockworkmod I try to make a backup. Everything went great (back up boot image, recovery, system, data, android secure, cache) , but at the end I got a message: "No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext."

Before AR rom I had many other roms and backing up and restarting without flashing wors fine.

The last hint which you give me is my last solution. I wouldnt lose my root privileges. I had a lot of trouble to get it..
maybe you can try it to installing and using a different custom recovery..like 4ext or twrp..

Pilsner12
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
I would like to try use another custom recovery, but how I can Unistall cwm ? I didnt find any manual..

JJeamy
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
I would like to try use another custom recovery, but how I can Unistall cwm ? I didnt find any manual..
you don't need to uninstall it..just flashing a new one (like twrp or 4ext) through fastboot..then cwm will be replaced with that..

The Following User Says Thank You to JJeamy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pilsner12
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeamy View Post
you don't need to uninstall it..just flashing a new one (like twrp or 4ext) through fastboot..then cwm will be replaced with that..
could you please post link, where is .zip file. I found only programs on market or .apk..