Thanks Meter 99
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Diego, California
No, your charger is to blame. Maybe it isn't properly grounded. Phones with capacitive touch screens (not the Wizard! but maybe your phone) can get really weird on some chargers. I have a Nexus One with an aftermarket charger that always makes the touch screen go haywire. When I use an HTC charger, the phone has no problem. As far as I know, the damage isn't permanent, it's just that the sensors get confused. When I disconnect from the charger, turn the phone off, then turn it on, all is well.
My wizards were never bothered by chargers, no matter what kind, as long as they were mini-USB, they were the right voltage. The wizard doesn't take as much current as more modern phones, either.
My Devices, newest to oldest:
* TV box: Rikomagic MK802 IV; stock (Android 4.2.2)
* TV box: Rikomagic MK802+; Uberoid (Android 4.0.2)
* Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Maguro/GSM); stock (Android 4.3) w/ Fancy Kernel
* Tablet: Motorola Xoom; stock (Android 4.1.2)
* Phone: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhodium) [dead] Android 2.3
* Phone: HTC Kaiser; Android 2.2 "Fresh Froyo"
* Phone: HTC Wizard; WM6.1 Ham3r H3r7