What's the easiest way to do a full reset on the Ouya

OP sylvestor2013

28th February 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
I have my Ouya rooted using the toolbox. I've been installing and upgrading xbmc frequently and notice that it seems to misbehave or become laggy. I've done a factory reset, but some of the programs don't seem to have been removed.

What's the easiest way to do a full reset on the Ouya (I'm a noobie and I don't know if I have to boot up to recovery and do a full wipe.) I'm just worried that I have to do some type of additional backup incase the wipe malfunctions ? Is there something I should backup before doing the wipe ?

thanks.

Edit: I followed the instructions to install "StockPlusPatch." After rebooting, I installed XBMC from a nightly build. I then noticed that my old XBMC settings were still available. I did a bit more trouble shooting. I finally uninstalled XBMC, deleted the main XBMC folder from Ouya. Then I installed XBMC from the Ouya "store" and then installed Navi. My XBMC works properly with Navi now. I'm guessing the nightly builds of XBMC does not play well with Navi.
Last edited by sylvestor2013; 3rd March 2014 at 03:01 AM. Reason: problem solved.
25th March 2014, 03:45 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bringhurst
Thanks Meter: 9

37 posts
More
Nightlys
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvestor2013

I have my Ouya rooted using the toolbox. I've been installing and upgrading xbmc frequently and notice that it seems to misbehave or become laggy. I've done a factory reset, but some of the programs don't seem to have been removed.

What's the easiest way to do a full reset on the Ouya (I'm a noobie and I don't know if I have to boot up to recovery and do a full wipe.) I'm just worried that I have to do some type of additional backup incase the wipe malfunctions ? Is there something I should backup before doing the wipe ?

thanks.

Edit: I followed the instructions to install "StockPlusPatch." After rebooting, I installed XBMC from a nightly build. I then noticed that my old XBMC settings were still available. I did a bit more trouble shooting. I finally uninstalled XBMC, deleted the main XBMC folder from Ouya. Then I installed XBMC from the Ouya "store" and then installed Navi. My XBMC works properly with Navi now. I'm guessing the nightly builds of XBMC does not play well with Navi.

I guess not. I had trouble with the store version so I went with a nightly and it was ok for a few days. When it started throwing fits I went back to the store version and now my Navi wont work but the rest is fine. New hardware = wild ride.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread