[Q] What to backup before flashing new ROM?

OP Elite83

4th March 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11

53 posts
I flashed my initial custom ROM when I first bought my HTC One. I'm on the 4.4.2 Android Rev. GPe ROM. I want to try a different ROM now that perhaps might be a better fit for me.

However, I'm already all, "set up" with my phone now with pictures, music, apps etc. I don't want to lose all this if I do a factory reset. What should I make sure to backup before wiping and flashing to make sure I don't lose any of my personal media/data?

I have already made a TWRP Backup, a Titanium backup of all user apps, and copied the TWP/Titanium Back folders as well as the DCIM and Music Folders to my local hard drive. Is there anything else I am missing should I want to switch back?
Last edited by Elite83; 4th March 2014 at 04:47 PM. Reason: grammar
4th March 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #2  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 105

457 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite83

I flashed my initial custom ROM when I first bought my HTC One. I'm on the 4.4.2 Android Rev. GPe ROM. I want to try a different ROM now that perhaps might be a better fit for me.

However, I'm already all, "set up" with my phone now with pictures, music, apps etc. I don't want to lose all this if I do a factory reset. What should I make sure to backup before wiping and flashing to make sure I don't lose any of my personal media/data?

I have already made a TWRP Backup, a Titanium backup of all user apps, and copied the TWP/Titanium Back folders as well as the DCIM and Music Folders to my local hard drive. Is there anything else I am missing should I want to switch back?

You wont lose any pics/music/videos if u wipe. Your apps will go. But Titanium is there for that. Just make sure THAT YOU DON'T WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE
4th March 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11

53 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav kapur

You wont lose any pics/music/videos if u wipe. Your apps will go. But Titanium is there for that. Just make sure THAT YOU DON'T WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE

To confirm that I don't accidentally wipe my internal storage like an idiot, when I select "Wipe" in TWRP, I choose "Factory Reset", (both caches obviously), and "Wipe Data"?
4th March 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 2,996

6,039 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite83

To confirm that I don't accidentally wipe my internal storage like an idiot, when I select "Wipe" in TWRP, I choose "Factory Reset", (both caches obviously), and "Wipe Data"?

1- You should do a nandroid backup.

2- Yes, wipe: Cache, Dalvik, Data (excluding /data/media aka internal storage) for a clean flash;
for a dirty-flash, you only wipe, cache and dalvik (though most installer scripts take care of that anyways).
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread