Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,072 Members 41,120 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What to backup before flashing new ROM?

Tip us?
 
Elite83
Old
(Last edited by Elite83; 4th March 2014 at 04:47 PM.) Reason: grammar
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 53
Join Date: May 2013
Default [Q] What to backup before flashing new ROM?

I flashed my initial custom ROM when I first bought my HTC One. I'm on the 4.4.2 Android Rev. GPe ROM. I want to try a different ROM now that perhaps might be a better fit for me.

However, I'm already all, "set up" with my phone now with pictures, music, apps etc. I don't want to lose all this if I do a factory reset. What should I make sure to backup before wiping and flashing to make sure I don't lose any of my personal media/data?

I have already made a TWRP Backup, a Titanium backup of all user apps, and copied the TWP/Titanium Back folders as well as the DCIM and Music Folders to my local hard drive. Is there anything else I am missing should I want to switch back?
 
raghav kapur
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 91
Posts: 417
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite83 View Post
I flashed my initial custom ROM when I first bought my HTC One. I'm on the 4.4.2 Android Rev. GPe ROM. I want to try a different ROM now that perhaps might be a better fit for me.

However, I'm already all, "set up" with my phone now with pictures, music, apps etc. I don't want to lose all this if I do a factory reset. What should I make sure to backup before wiping and flashing to make sure I don't lose any of my personal media/data?

I have already made a TWRP Backup, a Titanium backup of all user apps, and copied the TWP/Titanium Back folders as well as the DCIM and Music Folders to my local hard drive. Is there anything else I am missing should I want to switch back?
You wont lose any pics/music/videos if u wipe. Your apps will go. But Titanium is there for that. Just make sure THAT YOU DON'T WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE
 
Elite83
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 53
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav kapur View Post
You wont lose any pics/music/videos if u wipe. Your apps will go. But Titanium is there for that. Just make sure THAT YOU DON'T WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE
To confirm that I don't accidentally wipe my internal storage like an idiot, when I select "Wipe" in TWRP, I choose "Factory Reset", (both caches obviously), and "Wipe Data"?
 
nkk71
Old
#4  
nkk71's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2698
Posts: 5,457
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beirut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite83 View Post
To confirm that I don't accidentally wipe my internal storage like an idiot, when I select "Wipe" in TWRP, I choose "Factory Reset", (both caches obviously), and "Wipe Data"?
1- You should do a nandroid backup.

2- Yes, wipe: Cache, Dalvik, Data (excluding /data/media aka internal storage) for a clean flash;
for a dirty-flash, you only wipe, cache and dalvik (though most installer scripts take care of that anyways).
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes