Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,126 Members 42,914 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need help to install OTA update on my Wind Mobile HTC One with TWRP

Tip us?

themastersb
Old
(Last edited by themastersb; 2nd February 2014 at 02:35 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Need help to install OTA update on my Wind Mobile HTC One with TWRP

Hi,

I'm looking for some help with installing the 4.4.2 OTA update on my Wind Mobile HTC One. I currently have rooted with TWRP installed on my phone so if I were to try and update it will reboot to TWRP and the update will not succeed. I'm currently stuck on my otherwise stock 4.3. I was able to update to 4.3 perfectly fine going a few months back, but now I'm having trouble going to 4.4. Other details of my phone are that it's currently S-Off, CID-Globa001, and Radio-4A.20.3263.16. If other details are needed to solve my problem please let me know.

I had a look in the forums and it seems a solution would be to install a stock recovery which would seem easy enough. The only problem is that I think I need the specific one for my phone and carrier if I'm correct, which I can't seem to find. Can anyone help me with this or point me in the right direction to get my phone going in 4.4.2?

The update in question is OTA_M7_UL_K44_SENSE55_MR_Globalive_WWE_4.19.1500.8 _R-3.23.1500.1_R3_release_351493wcyd476t6y9syngp.zip

Thanks.

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 850

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by themastersb View Post
Hi,

I'm looking for some help with installing the 4.4.2 OTA update on my Wind Mobile HTC One. I currently have rooted with TWRP installed on my phone so if I were to try and update it will reboot to TWRP and the update will not succeed. I'm currently stuck on my otherwise stock 4.3. I was able to update to 4.3 perfectly fine going a few months back, but now I'm having trouble going to 4.4. Other details of my phone are that it's currently S-Off, CID-Globa001, and Radio-4A.20.3263.16. If other details are needed to solve my problem please let me know.

I had a look in the forums and it seems a solution would be to install a stock recovery which would seem easy enough. The only problem is that I think I need the specific one for my phone and carrier if I'm correct, which I can't seem to find. Can anyone help me with this or point me in the right direction to get my phone going in 4.4.2?

Thanks.
If your on 4.3 I think any stock recovery that's named 3.xx.xxx.x should work like this one - stock_3.62.401.1.img

Here are the Others >> http://d-h.st/users/Guich/Stock%20Recovery
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

The Following User Says Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

themastersb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
If your on 4.3 I think any stock recovery that's named 3.xx.xxx.x should work like this one -

Here are the Others >>
Ok. I'll try that. I was just afraid of installing something wrong which would make my phone inoperable in some way.

themastersb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Yup. That worked. Installed 4.4.2 and all my stuff is still there. Just need to root again obv. That was a whole lot less complicated than some other things I was reading so thanks a lot.

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 850

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yup. That worked. Installed 4.4.2 and all my stuff is still there. Just need to root again obv. That was a whole lot less complicated than some other things I was reading so thanks a lot.

Excellent, glad to be of assistance
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 396
Hi. Can you post a clean twrp based backup from your device? Would be a good addition to Canadian list of backups. Much appreciated.

sent from my mobile device

themastersb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ View Post
Hi. Can you post a clean twrp based backup from your device? Would be a good addition to Canadian list of backups. Much appreciated.

sent from my mobile device
Might be a bit too late for that. My phone is already loaded with junk. Updating kept all of my settings intact so it's far from being a clean slate.

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 396
Oh that's easy. Don't include data partition when doing twrp backup. Upload on Google drive and pm me the link. Thanks in advance!

---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Might be a bit too late for that. My phone is already loaded with junk. Updating kept all of my settings intact so it's far from being a clean slate.
That's easy!

themastersb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ View Post
Oh that's easy. Don't include data partition when doing twrp backup. Upload on Google drive and pm me the link. Thanks in advance!

---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

That's easy!
P.M. Sent.
The Following User Says Thank You to themastersb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sukhbirgs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello, is this HTC ONE S on wind. I have one stuck on 4.1.1.
I have it unlocked using HTCDev and changed recovery, not sure if i can get kitkat update thats rolling out. If its the same phone, can i get TWRP backup so i can get to stock.
Any other help to get back to stock would be appreciated.

Thanks