FORUMS

[Q] Need help to install OTA update on my Wind Mobile HTC One with TWRP

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By themastersb, Junior Member on 2nd February 2014, 02:09 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi,

I'm looking for some help with installing the 4.4.2 OTA update on my Wind Mobile HTC One. I currently have rooted with TWRP installed on my phone so if I were to try and update it will reboot to TWRP and the update will not succeed. I'm currently stuck on my otherwise stock 4.3. I was able to update to 4.3 perfectly fine going a few months back, but now I'm having trouble going to 4.4. Other details of my phone are that it's currently S-Off, CID-Globa001, and Radio-4A.20.3263.16. If other details are needed to solve my problem please let me know.

I had a look in the forums and it seems a solution would be to install a stock recovery which would seem easy enough. The only problem is that I think I need the specific one for my phone and carrier if I'm correct, which I can't seem to find. Can anyone help me with this or point me in the right direction to get my phone going in 4.4.2?

The update in question is OTA_M7_UL_K44_SENSE55_MR_Globalive_WWE_4.19.1500.8 _R-3.23.1500.1_R3_release_351493wcyd476t6y9syngp.zip

Thanks.
Last edited by themastersb; 2nd February 2014 at 02:35 PM.

2nd February 2014, 02:34 PM |#2  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,866

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by themastersb

Hi,

I'm looking for some help with installing the 4.4.2 OTA update on my Wind Mobile HTC One. I currently have rooted with TWRP installed on my phone so if I were to try and update it will reboot to TWRP and the update will not succeed. I'm currently stuck on my otherwise stock 4.3. I was able to update to 4.3 perfectly fine going a few months back, but now I'm having trouble going to 4.4. Other details of my phone are that it's currently S-Off, CID-Globa001, and Radio-4A.20.3263.16. If other details are needed to solve my problem please let me know.

I had a look in the forums and it seems a solution would be to install a stock recovery which would seem easy enough. The only problem is that I think I need the specific one for my phone and carrier if I'm correct, which I can't seem to find. Can anyone help me with this or point me in the right direction to get my phone going in 4.4.2?

Thanks.

If your on 4.3 I think any stock recovery that's named 3.xx.xxx.x should work like this one - stock_3.62.401.1.img

Here are the Others >> http://d-h.st/users/Guich/Stock%20Recovery
The Following User Says Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2014, 02:44 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

If your on 4.3 I think any stock recovery that's named 3.xx.xxx.x should work like this one -

Here are the Others >>

Ok. I'll try that. I was just afraid of installing something wrong which would make my phone inoperable in some way.
2nd February 2014, 03:20 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Yup. That worked. Installed 4.4.2 and all my stuff is still there. Just need to root again obv. That was a whole lot less complicated than some other things I was reading so thanks a lot.

2nd February 2014, 03:23 PM |#5  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,866

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yup. That worked. Installed 4.4.2 and all my stuff is still there. Just need to root again obv. That was a whole lot less complicated than some other things I was reading so thanks a lot.

Excellent, glad to be of assistance
2nd February 2014, 03:49 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 477

More
Hi. Can you post a clean twrp based backup from your device? Would be a good addition to Canadian list of backups. Much appreciated.

sent from my mobile device
2nd February 2014, 08:40 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ

Hi. Can you post a clean twrp based backup from your device? Would be a good addition to Canadian list of backups. Much appreciated.

sent from my mobile device

Might be a bit too late for that. My phone is already loaded with junk. Updating kept all of my settings intact so it's far from being a clean slate.
3rd February 2014, 05:01 AM |#8  

More
Oh that's easy. Don't include data partition when doing twrp backup. Upload on Google drive and pm me the link. Thanks in advance!

---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Quote:

Might be a bit too late for that. My phone is already loaded with junk. Updating kept all of my settings intact so it's far from being a clean slate.

That's easy!
4th February 2014, 01:43 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ

Oh that's easy. Don't include data partition when doing twrp backup. Upload on Google drive and pm me the link. Thanks in advance!

---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

That's easy!

P.M. Sent.
The Following User Says Thank You to themastersb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2014, 02:06 AM |#10  
Flag calgary
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello, is this HTC ONE S on wind. I have one stuck on 4.1.1.
I have it unlocked using HTCDev and changed recovery, not sure if i can get kitkat update thats rolling out. If its the same phone, can i get TWRP backup so i can get to stock.
Any other help to get back to stock would be appreciated.

Thanks
26th February 2014, 04:03 AM |#11  

More
ONE S did not get Kitkat
The Following User Says Thank You to SaHiLzZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread