FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

[Q] Before i mess it up

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Ah-Bollox, Junior Member on 5th March 2014, 10:36 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Its a note 3 sm-n9005 running 4.3.

a few weeks ago i rooted and unlocked a friends phone but never got a chance to install a recovery,
my silly mistake tonight was ti install TWRP 4.4

I tried to install the openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.7-hlte.img.tar using odin 1.85 but all i get is "recovery is not seandroid enforcing" in a bootloop

By pulling out battery and turning on normally the phone still works fine.

Have an image of efs, phew

Any ideas on getting TWRP
My main goal is to get kitkat onto the phone, sammobile has kitkat, the phone was originally vodafone, can i install 3hutch onto phone with odin or do i have to stay with vodafone

cheers for any help
 
 
6th March 2014, 05:41 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag HCMC
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah-Bollox

Its a note 3 sm-n9005 running 4.3.

a few weeks ago i rooted and unlocked a friends phone but never got a chance to install a recovery,
my silly mistake tonight was ti install TWRP 4.4

I tried to install the openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.7-hlte.img.tar using odin 1.85 but all i get is "recovery is not seandroid enforcing" in a bootloop

By pulling out battery and turning on normally the phone still works fine.

Have an image of efs, phew

Any ideas on getting TWRP
My main goal is to get kitkat onto the phone, sammobile has kitkat, the phone was originally vodafone, can i install 3hutch onto phone with odin or do i have to stay with vodafone

cheers for any help

Did u turn the USB debugging on?
The Following User Says Thank You to hhai2pth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2014, 07:33 AM |#3  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,540
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah-Bollox

Its a note 3 sm-n9005 running 4.3.

a few weeks ago i rooted and unlocked a friends phone but never got a chance to install a recovery,
my silly mistake tonight was ti install TWRP 4.4

I tried to install the openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.7-hlte.img.tar using odin 1.85 but all i get is "recovery is not seandroid enforcing" in a bootloop

By pulling out battery and turning on normally the phone still works fine.

Have an image of efs, phew

Any ideas on getting TWRP
My main goal is to get kitkat onto the phone, sammobile has kitkat, the phone was originally vodafone, can i install 3hutch onto phone with odin or do i have to stay with vodafone

cheers for any help

If you have Kitkat on the device (tried flashing) then you need the Kitkat TWRP - hence the BL - You cannot go back to 4.3 if you've attempted to flash KK
6th March 2014, 08:04 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhai2pth

Did u turn the USB debugging on?

Yep, debugging and unknown sources ticked.

I haven't installed kitkat yet just the twrp for kitkat, if I install kitkat will that give me the teamw recovery and can I install a O2 kitkat onto a Vodafone phone

Cheers.

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
6th March 2014, 08:10 AM |#5  
B3311's Avatar
Senior Member
Gelderd End, 1974
Thanks Meter: 678
 
More
Haven't got a solution to your problem, but I can't miss this opportunity to congratulate you on your user name - been there, done that
The Following User Says Thank You to B3311 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2014, 08:52 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 232
 
More
Setting>General>Security>untick Reactivation lock
The Following User Says Thank You to Rosli59564 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2014, 09:18 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3311

Haven't got a solution to your problem, but I can't miss this opportunity to congratulate you on your user name - been there, done that

Cheers bud






Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosli59564

Setting>General>Security>untick Reactivation lock

Already unpicked, cheer for info


Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
6th March 2014, 10:28 AM |#8  
meawww's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 592
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah-Bollox

Cheers bud








Already unpicked, cheer for info


Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

Make sure you are flashing the right version for your firmware
6th March 2014, 01:05 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
[/QUOTE]<br />
<br />
Make sure you are flashing the right version for your firmware[/QUOTE]

Just to be sure, I can flash the 3hutch firmware onto a phone that was originally Vodafone with the twrp 4.4 bl.

Sorry if I'm a pain in the ass about this, not my phone and don't want to spend hours fixing it of I mess it up, thanx



Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
6th March 2014, 01:31 PM |#10  
FeralFire's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 224
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah-Bollox

Just to be sure, I can flash the 3hutch firmware onto a phone that was originally Vodafone with the twrp 4.4 bl.

Sorry if I'm a pain in the ass about this, not my phone and don't want to spend hours fixing it of I mess it up, thanx



Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

Why not flash a normal ROM?
By that I mean, a ROM which is not touched by any service provider.
6th March 2014, 04:08 PM |#11  
ultramag69's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 656
 
More
People have been reporting Fails while flashing carrier roms through ODIN... It generally seems to fail on the "Hidden" partition....

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes