Ask a question

No registration required

Random Crashes Using Note 10.1

OP vanillanesquik

27th September 2012, 04:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11

48 posts
I replaced my first Galaxy Note 10.1 with Amazon about a week ago after experiencing random crashes. These crashes cause the display to shut off for about 10 seconds and then the tablet returns to the lock screen. After the crash the app open before the crash is completely killed. Any information that was unsaved is unrecoverable. This happened during class using S-Note and I lost a fairly large document. I felt as if I would no longer be able to trust the tablet for important notes because I never knew when it would crash.

Up until today, I assumed the root injected system or root in general caused this issue but I did not have evidence otherwise. I had not seen a thread about this so I assumed I was the only one. Today I was able to re-produce the crash multiple times on my tablet, and two of my friends with the Note 10.1 as well.

If there is a developer who can possibly investigate this issue I think it could help the community.

The crash can be reproduced by:
Opening Polaris Office > New Document > Sheet 2007 (excel) > Put data in any cell > Cut the entire column > try to paste the data in any other column.

Keep in mind this error has occurred in many other apps such as S-Note, calendar, and using the launcher. This is the only specific function that I have been able to re-produce.

Please let me know if any one else in the community has experienced this issue and what app it has crashed in.
27th September 2012, 06:04 AM   |  #2  
Flag Selangor
Thanks Meter: 95

1,221 posts
More
I try to reproduce it folowing ur step. But, nope..no crash here. Everything is smooth for me..

Sent from my GT-N8000 using xda app-developers app
27th September 2012, 06:12 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

48 posts
I realized the 3 tablets we did it on were all updated to the OTA system update before it was pulled. If you are not on the update it may not be the same.
I tried it on my brother pre-ota and his did not crash. I'm really wanting to reach out to the community to see if anyone has experienced system crashes similar to this.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
27th September 2012, 09:08 AM   |  #4  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 4

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillanesquik

Opening Polaris Office > New Document > Sheet 2007 (excel) > Put data in any cell > Cut the entire column > try to paste the data in any other column.
Please let me know if any one else in the community has experienced this issue and what app it has crashed in.

I have tested exactly as described with Sheet 2007 and no crash whatever - but I use the stock ROM aka not rooted...
27th September 2012, 11:51 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 15

81 posts
Just tried on my non-updated note and no crash.
27th September 2012, 03:38 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

48 posts
Thanks to everyone who has tried. I will continue to find out what is common between our tablets. My brothers note popped up with a paste window that I had never seen before on my tab.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2
27th September 2012, 03:46 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 72

794 posts
More
mine too, no crush at all. hope u discover ur prob soon =)
27th September 2012, 04:00 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 25

11 posts
Quote:

Thanks to everyone who has tried. I will continue to find out what is common between our tablets. My brothers note popped up with a paste window that I had never seen before on my tab.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Why don't you make a factory reset and see what will happen?
27th September 2012, 05:42 PM   |  #9  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 31

490 posts
More
no crashes EVER! samsung banned it from my tablet. =]
9th January 2013, 07:59 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:

I replaced my first Galaxy Note 10.1 with Amazon about a week ago after experiencing random crashes. These crashes cause the display to shut off for about 10 seconds and then the tablet returns to the lock screen. After the crash the app open before the crash is completely killed. Any information that was unsaved is unrecoverable. This happened during class using S-Note and I lost a fairly large document. I felt as if I would no longer be able to trust the tablet for important notes because I never knew when it would crash.

Up until today, I assumed the root injected system or root in general caused this issue but I did not have evidence otherwise. I had not seen a thread about this so I assumed I was the only one. Today I was able to re-produce the crash multiple times on my tablet, and two of my friends with the Note 10.1 as well.

If there is a developer who can possibly investigate this issue I think it could help the community.

Keep in mind this error has occurred in many other apps such as S-Note, calendar, and using the launcher. This is the only specific function that I have been able to re-produce.

Did you ever find any thing out? I just had this happen, While copying a url in chrome while using the s-pen... Stock rom and NOT rooted. Tablet is less then a day old. And the only mod is a screen protector that best buy installed...
Last edited by ChutesAndLadders; 9th January 2013 at 08:51 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread