Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Htc one x possible brick after ota update. please help..

OP ILoveXperia

4th March 2014, 12:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag kuala lumpur
Thanks Meter: 16

128 posts
More
first of all i would like to say sorry for my rudeness, poor english and noobness to the people of hox...
so yeah my phone is a piece of brick now.. currently on 4.1.1 jellybean stock rom no root or any modification, so basically its a stock original virgin rom without alteration.

how unlucky of me after update my phone. the problem is that the phone after ota update its started to bootloop, then the screen cant turn on no light no vibration.

i try to connect to the computer it does not detect the phone. i try to charge using the htc charger only have blinking red notification for few seconds around 14 blink if im not mistaken, then its gone.

i try fast pressing the power button still no. so i try pressing power+volume down button during red notification flashing then its shows red light for around 30second and it off back. but still i couldnt get the phone to power up.

the problem that i need to solve is that how to charge the phone battery so that it have enough power to let the computer to detect the phone and install the driver. cause currently there is no driver in my computer for the hox. and my phone cant go into bootloder due to the low battery power.
do give advice or any other method for me to follow to restore my possible brick device without disturb the hardware..

in advance i would like to say thankyou all for your time and help..
4th March 2014, 01:56 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 8,847

14,379 posts
Donate to Me
Locked bootloader ? Send it for repair.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hofs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2014, 02:09 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag kuala lumpur

128 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs

Locked bootloader ? Send it for repair.

unlocked bootloader, international version. and other method than send for repair? thankyou so much sir
4th March 2014, 02:12 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 8,847

14,379 posts
Donate to Me
Maybe charging via the pogopins work, or another battery, or charge the battery outside the phone.....otherwise it's a repairshop or HTC that has to fix it.

Another thing to try is to keep it on the wallcharger for many hours (like 8-9) and try again.....

Last edited by Mr Hofs; 4th March 2014 at 02:14 PM.
4th March 2014, 02:23 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag kuala lumpur

128 posts
More
will do.. hope it would work. thankyou for ur time sir.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread