Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,198 Members 40,803 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Still a couple questions about Themer app

Tip us?

dark_prince
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Default [Q] Still a couple questions about Themer app

Well!

Its been like 6 months I last used Themer app, I loved it. I seriously did. But trouble with me is, I don't have internet connection over wifi provision rather a strongly proxified secure local network at my workplace (Military institute). So,

Question No. 1:

Does this app still require internet connectivity on every reboot and if not, comes up with empty white screen instead of downloaded/applied theme?

Question No. 2:

Connected to Question 1, Is there a way to keep themes offline?

I searched the forum before posting these questions and haven't found em yet. IF THEY EXIST, please kindly point me in the right direction than coming up with another "Use search button".

You'll have my heartily thanks.
LG Optimus G
MOKEE OS (Android 4.4.4)

Motorola Atrix 4G (Puchased another digitizer, taht thing was #$%$ed up too.) Retired in the closet
Self ported MoKEE 4.2.2 (Based on CM10.1 epinter 20131211)

ThemerSupport
Old
Official Themer Rep
Thanks Meter 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_prince View Post
Well!

Its been like 6 months I last used Themer app, I loved it. I seriously did. But trouble with me is, I don't have internet connection over wifi provision rather a strongly proxified secure local network at my workplace (Military institute). So,

Question No. 1:

Does this app still require internet connectivity on every reboot and if not, comes up with empty white screen instead of downloaded/applied theme?

Question No. 2:

Connected to Question 1, Is there a way to keep themes offline?

I searched the forum before posting these questions and haven't found em yet. IF THEY EXIST, please kindly point me in the right direction than coming up with another "Use search button".

You'll have my heartily thanks.

Hi,

For Question 1: Themer requires internet connectivity for:
  • Connecting 'Logging In' for the first time
  • Downloading official themes
  • Downloading official themes
  • Updating weather and RSS feeds on certain themes
  • Displaying unread email notifications

Once you have a theme applied, you can reboot your phone without internet. If you are experiencing problems, try downloading another theme and let us know if the problem persists. We'd also need to know your phone type/Android version/ROM status.

For Question 2: Yes and no.

Themes can be saved/exported in the form of a .zip file. So if you download one of these .zip files and place them into /sdcard/MyColorScreen/Themer/Exported/zip, you can simply apply this theme from the Exported section in the My Themes in the Themer main menu. This also applies if you've downloaded a theme, made changes (or not), then saved/exported this theme (via the Advanced menu - Export Theme). What you can't do is reapply a theme you've already downloaded (by hitting Apply when selecting a theme). For this we recommend saving the theme as mentioned earlier.

Hope this helps!
Apply beautiful themes to your phone in one click with Themer by MyColorScreen.

Learn more at ThemerApp.com.
The Following User Says Thank You to ThemerSupport For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dark_prince
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Thanks for a quick, on the fly reply. I am using LG Optimus G (Intl.) with Cyanogenmod 10.2.
I'll definitely give it a try once I reach home and test the offline feature to my relief.
LG Optimus G
MOKEE OS (Android 4.4.4)

Motorola Atrix 4G (Puchased another digitizer, taht thing was #$%$ed up too.) Retired in the closet
Self ported MoKEE 4.2.2 (Based on CM10.1 epinter 20131211)