Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,214 Members 43,168 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Accidentally wiped my nandroid

Tip us?

mmcneil
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default [Q] Accidentally wiped my nandroid

I'm almost too embarrassed to post this question, but... I accidentally formatted my data partition and as a result, deleted my nandroid back up of my stock ROM. I'm on a SG4 i337 with the MDL boot loader. I have no intention of taking the phone back to AT&T for service or anything like that, but in the off chance that I may want to sell the phone, or simply go back to stock, what are my options? Obviously I don't want to update my bootloader, so is there a stock image that I can flash that will allow me to keep my current bootloader?

Thanks,

Mike
"Any idiot can be complex, it takes real genius to be simple"

scott14719
Old
(Last edited by scott14719; 5th March 2014 at 05:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcneil View Post
I'm almost too embarrassed to post this question, but... I accidentally formatted my data partition and as a result, deleted my nandroid back up of my stock ROM. I'm on a SG4 i337 with the MDL boot loader. I have no intention of taking the phone back to AT&T for service or anything like that, but in the off chance that I may want to sell the phone, or simply go back to stock, what are my options? Obviously I don't want to update my bootloader, so is there a stock image that I can flash that will allow me to keep my current bootloader?

Thanks,

Mike
Go to Sammobile and get the MDL firmware. Flash it through Odin. If you don't know what I am talking about, make sure you do some research and reading before you do it.
SGH-I337 (AT&T) 32GB
P-ROM (1st Gen.), De-Odexed, AMDL
Rooted
Auto-LOKI OUDHS CWM

Make sure you read and understand the "PINNED" threads in the "General" and "Q & A" sections of the AT&T S4 forum BEFORE you ask for help. Use the forum's "search" function to find posts with additional information. You should not expect others to help you if you haven't tried to help yourself first. Also, read, understand, and follow the "XDA" rules.
The Following User Says Thank You to scott14719 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mmcneil
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott14719 View Post
Go to Sammobile and get the MDL firmware. Flash it through Odin. If you don't know what I am talking about, make sure you do some research and reading before you do it.
Thanks Scott. And I'm a flash junkie, so I know what your're talking about So just clarify, I can flash the stock Sammy MDL and it won't screw up my boot loader?

Thanks again,

Mike
"Any idiot can be complex, it takes real genius to be simple"

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3175
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcneil View Post
Thanks Scott. And I'm a flash junkie, so I know what your're talking about So just clarify, I can flash the stock Sammy MDL and it won't screw up my boot loader?

Thanks again,

Mike
No it won't but you're going to want to keep WiFi off until you can freeze the att update app because it's going to want to up date you. Root and put a custom recovery and rom on as soon as you can. Make sure you plan ahead on this before flashing the firmware.