Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,935 Members 52,658 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Indian devs: how did you pay play store fees.

Tip us?

hondaissace
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Indian devs: how did you pay play store fees.

I am a first time android dev from India. My app is complete, however I do not own a credit card to pay for the Google Developer's licence. I am currently in college and thus its very unlikely that any bank will issue me a credit card. I do own a Maestro debit card, but it is not accepted by Google Wallet. I want to know if there is any other Indian developer here who went through my situation, and how you finally managed to pay for the developer's licence. Facts only please, no guesses.

buggs2k
Old
Thanks Meter 25
You don't need a credit card. A debet card is sufficient. All it must have is a CVV2 number which allows to pay in the internet (for example visa electron).

Also you should look at other options which may be or may not be available in India. In my country for example there a banks that issue "Internet cards". Such a card doesn't exists in reality (no plastic) but you have the card numbers and an account where you can manage it. Then you transfer some funds to this card via a normal wire transfer from you bank acccount. Then you register it to Google Wallet and you can pay for you Google Play account.

You can also try prepaid cards with CVV2 numbers.

Hasi_indie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Debit card for Google Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaissace View Post
I am a first time android dev from India. My app is complete, however I do not own a credit card to pay for the Google Developer's licence. I am currently in college and thus its very unlikely that any bank will issue me a credit card. I do own a Maestro debit card, but it is not accepted by Google Wallet. I want to know if there is any other Indian developer here who went through my situation, and how you finally managed to pay for the developer's licence. Facts only please, no guesses.
Google accepts all creditcards in india but not debit cards excludes icici debit card
apply for icici basic savings account and you're done.

Happy Publishing....

Akshay (Aky)
Old
Thanks Meter 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasi_indie View Post
Google accepts all creditcards in india but not debit cards excludes icici debit card
apply for icici basic savings account and you're done.

Happy Publishing....
Your right.

Made my account using ICICI debit card only.

Check out my named Cover Algorithm.

Sent from my SGS3
Jair Player : Music Rainbow

Developing to make life easier
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Akshay (Aky) For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

freedomtigers
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
hi bro,

here is the solution, go to the link, below. all explanation and solution given in there.

http://freedomtigersft.blogspot.in/2...rnational.html

kingloki1991
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i prefer use a credit card instead of debit cards , coz most of the debit cards when used say "refused by the bank , use another card" but credit cards are most preferred to work just fine according to my experience .

Crichton333
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Use VISA Electron, you will get it when you open an account in a bank anywhere in the world.
"Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- Android: 2048 Numbers Mania -- Yutu Aliens Free -- Proud owner: Sony Xperia J