Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,935 Members 52,826 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OpTimuS and General reception info

Tip us?

engine95
Old
(Last edited by engine95; 24th December 2013 at 01:06 AM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,049
Default OpTimuS and General reception info

I've decided to give this it's own thread instead of it getting lost in the Optimus Thread.
Here you will find some info on reception, and build.prop mods for the OpTimuS Roms

Some History.
For as long as I can remember Custom Stock Rom's have always had worse reception than Stock for me. It took me a while, but I finally figured out why.
In the build.prop, there are adds that Devs make to improve reception and cell signal. The bad thing is, it doesn't work for everybody. So I have experimented with the build.prop to make it as close to stock reception as possible. These are the biggest culprits for worse reception.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Reception.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	2471298

Also there are some claims of mods that improve speeds and/or reception. Read here. http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-for-yourself/
I have commented the adds out and it was true they didn't help/hurt a thing. OpTimuS uses three of them. But even though they are in there, they don't work, so I didn't change them.

If you want, you can modify your own build prop. But MAKE SURE you change permissions to rw-r-r, because sometimes it changes itself with mods and it won't boot up.
For those that prefer the easier way....see below.

I don't know how/why Lrod could make the reception so sensitive, but he has. That little red "x" shows up waaay more than with the stock LGSystemUI. Also the "x" seems to be for cell signal , because you can still get data. I average 8% per day on battery use for "Cell Standby".
These should improve your reception on OpTimuS Roms

Wipe /cache, /dalvic and flash in recovery.

OpTimuS DE5.0 - modded - http://d-h.st/SNl

Original OpTimuS DE5.0 build.prop - http://d-h.st/kZg - use this to restore to Lrod's original build.prop

For older versions of the Optimus series, PM me and I can modify it for you. But you don't wanna use the older ones.
Thanks to HPTesla and PartimusPrime!!! Whoohoo!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to engine95 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PartimusPrime
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2,211

DONATE TO ME
You the man buddy!

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app
If you like my work please consider buying me a beer PayPal
Help me increase my dropbox space

Visit our webpage: GFX Bandits
The Following User Says Thank You to PartimusPrime For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

signal34
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Just tried this and it borked my GPS. Is there anything else I can do to tone down the sensitivity?

engine95
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by signal34 View Post
Just tried this and it borked my GPS. Is there anything else I can do to tone down the sensitivity?
You used this on OpTimuS DE 5.0? Or on something else.
The changes in the build prop don't touch GPS.
But if you ran this on DE5.0 then just flash back to the original posted above
Thanks to HPTesla and PartimusPrime!!! Whoohoo!!

signal34
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by engine95 View Post
You used this on OpTimuS DE 5.0? Or on something else.
The changes in the build prop don't touch GPS.
But if you ran this on DE5.0 then just flash back to the original posted above
Yeah, it was weird. Flashed it twice, and twice I couldn't get any GPS signal. I didn't realize it was borked until I got lost and tried to use Maps. Good thing I wasn't in the bad part of town....

Tested it on several programs and GPS would never initialize. Oh well....