Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,443 Members 48,543 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Widget Locker Lockscreen

Tip us?

Rustyspoon
Old
(Last edited by Rustyspoon; 17th July 2013 at 03:43 PM.) Reason: Forgot Locker in the app name and title
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Question Widget Locker Lockscreen

Hey all ....

I am having some extremely frustrating problems with Widget Locker Lockscreen here on my HTC One.

First, I can't seem to get the homehelper to work correctly as it doesn't even look like its saving my settings when I switch launchers or anything for testing. I don't need a PIN or security on my phone as deep as setting that, I just don't want the home button to take me to the home screen when on the lockscreen. GO locker did this beautifully for me, and didn't have the second issue below.

Second, when it does work for like 10 seconds, I get an annoying flicker of it trying to paint the homescreen then going back to the lockscreen.

Anyone else experiencing any of these issues or know how to fix them? I have emailed the created of WL a couple of times stating the problems I was having within the app and got nothing back, so its time to ask the XDA Community.

Thanks

kazemitsui
Old
Thanks Meter 104
I experienced the same problems as you. It was an amazing app when it was on my Nexus one, still is used. But on the Htc One its pretty lackluster. I know I have nothing to contribute but I just uninstalled it...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
Kaze
Phone: HTC One - ARHD 71.1
Tablet: Nexus 7 - Paranoid Android 4.4+
Clock: Nexus One - Evervolv 3.2 Nightlies

Rustyspoon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazemitsui View Post
I experienced the same problems as you. It was an amazing app when it was on my Nexus one, still is used. But on the Htc One its pretty lackluster. I know I have nothing to contribute but I just uninstalled it...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
Your HTC One is running ARHD as well (well from your signature it says it is) ... I am on 11.5.

Can someone on a different ROM check to see if they are having these issues as well? I know a lot of people are using the app so someone on a different ROM shouldnt be hard to find

Absolut`
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustyspoon View Post
Your HTC One is running ARHD as well (well from your signature it says it is) ... I am on 11.5.

Can someone on a different ROM check to see if they are having these issues as well? I know a lot of people are using the app so someone on a different ROM shouldnt be hard to find
Hey, I'm on fully converted GE. I use nova/widgetlocker religiously. Unfortunately, I have the same problems when I try to use homehelper. Its like an inefficient workaround, shows the "redraw" of home but tries to maintain WL. This isn't a working solution. I've disabled it and for the time being, I've just tried to ignore the home button while lock screen. Its always just power button or swipe (if i'm using custom kernel) then unlock using lockscreen. I've looked for other lockscreen alternatives but in terms of features, nothing compares to WL. I hope the devs bring out an update in the near future to address these issues.

Rustyspoon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolut` View Post
Hey, I'm on fully converted GE. I use nova/widgetlocker religiously. Unfortunately, I have the same problems when I try to use homehelper. Its like an inefficient workaround, shows the "redraw" of home but tries to maintain WL. This isn't a working solution. I've disabled it and for the time being, I've just tried to ignore the home button while lock screen. Its always just power button or swipe (if i'm using custom kernel) then unlock using lockscreen. I've looked for other lockscreen alternatives but in terms of features, nothing compares to WL. I hope the devs bring out an update in the near future to address these issues.
Awesome. Thanks for the update. I have been extremely frustrated with this app but nothing compares to the customizing that can be done with it. Lets hope for a speedy update to fix this or hopefully the devs actually come on XDA and see this thread starting and address it

cell30
Old
Thanks Meter 76
I was able to get rid of the flicker by turning on "HomeHelper ondemand via root" in Advanced > Root Helper (in addition to enabling HopeHelper). I'm currently on TrickDroid 8.00 and WidgetLocker 2.4beta8.
Present: HTC One (M8), Dell Venue 8 Pro, Surface Pro 2
Past: SGS2 I9100, SGS2 Skyrocket I727, SGS3 I747, HTC One X, Nexus 5, HTC One (M7), Nexus 7 (2012), Nexus 7 (2013)

Rustyspoon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cell30 View Post
I was able to get rid of the flicker by turning on "HomeHelper ondemand via root" in Advanced > Root Helper (in addition to enabling HopeHelper). I'm currently on TrickDroid 8.00 and WidgetLocker 2.4beta8.
Turned on HomeHelper ondemand via root .... it stopped the home button bypass of the lockscreen but I still have the flicker

Rustyspoon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Crazy observation ....

I cleared all my settings, defaults, etc this morning before I posted about the homehelper with root .... and still had the flicker

Just playing around with my phone now I changed my lockscreen to have an alternate background from my home screen .... no more flicker on my device ...

Do you guys have alternate backgrounds? If not, can you try switch to one and see if you still get the flicker?

t3chn0s1s
Old
(Last edited by t3chn0s1s; 19th July 2013 at 07:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 671

DONATE TO ME
edited
Current Devices:
LG G2 | CloudyG3 | 4.4.2
Nexus 7 | Mahdi ROM | 4.4.4

XDA is an AMAZING source! Please HELP keep it that way

Grooov3
Old
Thanks Meter 31

DONATE TO ME
On ViperRom it works normal and perfectly =)