Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,027 Members 48,423 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Omate 2G GSM (900) /3g 1900MHz

Tip us?

morbeious
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Question [Q] Omate 2G GSM (900) /3g 1900MHz

I just got my Omate in the mail this morning.. I thought it should work on ATT and StraightTalk but my sim is recognized anyone have any luck with getting these networks working on the US 2g/3G 1900Mhz version?

pkshr
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbeious View Post
I just got my Omate in the mail this morning.. I thought it should work on ATT and StraightTalk but my sim is recognized anyone have any luck with getting these networks working on the US 2g/3G 1900Mhz version?
Yes however make sure you insert the Sim correctly. Also the cell phone signal on the watch is poor, so you might want to make sure that you are in a good reception area too. Mine works only when I am outside of buildings and house.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to pkshr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

morbeious
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkshr View Post
Yes however make sure you insert the Sim correctly. Also the cell phone signal on the watch is poor, so you might want to make sure that you are in a good reception area too. Mine works only when I am outside of buildings and house.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
It wont even recognized the sim chip, when I look in them sim menus its grayed out.. and I know the sim works I used the same sim from my nexus 5 which is straighttalk.. I think my omate might be faulty..

Lokifish Marz
Old
(Last edited by Lokifish Marz; 13th March 2014 at 01:08 AM.)
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3258

DONATE TO ME
Page 29 of the manual shows how the SIM is to be inserted. The manual can be found in the "[INFO] Everything......" thread at the very top is this forum. This has alos been covered in multiple threads here as well as the G+ TrueSmart communities

Straight Talk APN's are not in the stock firmware. The correct apns are however in the Patch/MOD and have been for some time. I know because I'm on Straight talk on one TS and T-Mo one the other. If you have not applied the patch then I strongly suggest that you do.

High resolution images of how the SIM is to be inserted are linked below

Image 1- Orientation
Image 2- Insertion
Image 3- Inserted

Disable Quickboot in Settings/System/Accessibility
Reboot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SIM+insertion+1.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	2627586   Click image for larger version

Name:	SIM+insertion+2.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	2627587   Click image for larger version

Name:	SIM+Insertion+3.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	2627588  
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server
The Following User Says Thank You to Lokifish Marz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

morbeious
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz View Post
Page 29 of the manual shows how the SIM is to be inserted. The manual can be found in the "[INFO] Everything......" thread at the very top is this forum. This has alos been covered in multiple threads here as well as the G+ TrueSmart communities

Straight Talk APN's are not in the stock firmware. The correct apns are however in the Patch/MOD and have been for some time. I know because I'm on Straight talk on one TS and T-Mo one the other. If you have not applied the patch then I strongly suggest that you do.

High resolution images of how the SIM is to be inserted are linked below

Orientation
Insertion
Inserted
Never-mind, it finally synic'ed up.. sim is being seen now.. thanks..

fyrfyter
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbeious View Post
Never-mind, it finally synic'ed up.. sim is being seen now.. thanks..
T-Mobile works great too. Went there for a prepaid plan today. $10 for the micro sim, and then choose your plan. Since I plan to use it very little on cellular, both the $3/day plan for unlimited everything, or $30/month for unlimited web and text, and 100 minutes, both look good for this device. Good strong signal and even works here inside my house.
The Following User Says Thank You to fyrfyter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hus3695
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrfyter View Post
T-Mobile works great too. Went there for a prepaid plan today. $10 for the micro sim, and then choose your plan. Since I plan to use it very little on cellular, both the $3/day plan for unlimited everything, or $30/month for unlimited web and text, and 100 minutes, both look good for this device. Good strong signal and even works here inside my house.
So they just charge you $3 for each day you use it so if you use the watch 5 days out of a month they will only charge you $15?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

fyrfyter
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Yup. I leave it on Airplane Mode, so it isn't drawing any data. You can still turn on wifi in this mode & use that. $3/day gives unlimited minutes, data and text for that day.

The other option is $30/month for unlimited data & text & 100 minutes.

This is all on T-Mobile's prepaid service.

eozdalga
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrfyter View Post
Yup. I leave it on Airplane Mode, so it isn't drawing any data. You can still turn on wifi in this mode & use that. $3/day gives unlimited minutes, data and text for that day.

The other option is $30/month for unlimited data & text & 100 minutes.

This is all on T-Mobile's prepaid service.
Wow where do you live? Tmobile in SF bay area is $50 a month prepaid for only 500MB data (limited talk/text)

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3258

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eozdalga View Post
Wow where do you live? Tmobile in SF bay area is $50 a month prepaid for only 500MB data (limited talk/text)
The option is hidden. You have to buy the SIM and activate it online.
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lokifish Marz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]