Ask a question

No registration required

Question [Q] Omate 2G GSM (900) /3g 1900MHz

OP morbeious

1st March 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

24 posts
I just got my Omate in the mail this morning.. I thought it should work on ATT and StraightTalk but my sim is recognized anyone have any luck with getting these networks working on the US 2g/3G 1900Mhz version?
1st March 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #2  
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 30

1,239 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbeious

I just got my Omate in the mail this morning.. I thought it should work on ATT and StraightTalk but my sim is recognized anyone have any luck with getting these networks working on the US 2g/3G 1900Mhz version?

Yes however make sure you insert the Sim correctly. Also the cell phone signal on the watch is poor, so you might want to make sure that you are in a good reception area too. Mine works only when I am outside of buildings and house.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to pkshr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st March 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkshr

Yes however make sure you insert the Sim correctly. Also the cell phone signal on the watch is poor, so you might want to make sure that you are in a good reception area too. Mine works only when I am outside of buildings and house.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It wont even recognized the sim chip, when I look in them sim menus its grayed out.. and I know the sim works I used the same sim from my nexus 5 which is straighttalk.. I think my omate might be faulty..
1st March 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Olympus Mons, Mars
Thanks Meter: 3,284

2,894 posts
Donate to Me
More
Page 29 of the manual shows how the SIM is to be inserted. The manual can be found in the "[INFO] Everything......" thread at the very top is this forum. This has alos been covered in multiple threads here as well as the G+ TrueSmart communities

Straight Talk APN's are not in the stock firmware. The correct apns are however in the Patch/MOD and have been for some time. I know because I'm on Straight talk on one TS and T-Mo one the other. If you have not applied the patch then I strongly suggest that you do.

High resolution images of how the SIM is to be inserted are linked below

Image 1- Orientation
Image 2- Insertion
Image 3- Inserted

Disable Quickboot in Settings/System/Accessibility
Reboot
Last edited by Lokifish Marz; 7th August 2014 at 09:33 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lokifish Marz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st March 2014, 08:42 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz

Page 29 of the manual shows how the SIM is to be inserted. The manual can be found in the "[INFO] Everything......" thread at the very top is this forum. This has alos been covered in multiple threads here as well as the G+ TrueSmart communities

Straight Talk APN's are not in the stock firmware. The correct apns are however in the Patch/MOD and have been for some time. I know because I'm on Straight talk on one TS and T-Mo one the other. If you have not applied the patch then I strongly suggest that you do.

High resolution images of how the SIM is to be inserted are linked below

Orientation
Insertion
Inserted

Never-mind, it finally synic'ed up.. sim is being seen now.. thanks..
5th March 2014, 01:31 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbeious

Never-mind, it finally synic'ed up.. sim is being seen now.. thanks..

T-Mobile works great too. Went there for a prepaid plan today. $10 for the micro sim, and then choose your plan. Since I plan to use it very little on cellular, both the $3/day plan for unlimited everything, or $30/month for unlimited web and text, and 100 minutes, both look good for this device. Good strong signal and even works here inside my house.
The Following User Says Thank You to fyrfyter For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #7  
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 8

50 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrfyter

T-Mobile works great too. Went there for a prepaid plan today. $10 for the micro sim, and then choose your plan. Since I plan to use it very little on cellular, both the $3/day plan for unlimited everything, or $30/month for unlimited web and text, and 100 minutes, both look good for this device. Good strong signal and even works here inside my house.

So they just charge you $3 for each day you use it so if you use the watch 5 days out of a month they will only charge you $15?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
5th March 2014, 05:21 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
Yup. I leave it on Airplane Mode, so it isn't drawing any data. You can still turn on wifi in this mode & use that. $3/day gives unlimited minutes, data and text for that day.

The other option is $30/month for unlimited data & text & 100 minutes.

This is all on T-Mobile's prepaid service.
5th March 2014, 06:21 AM   |  #9  
Flag Mountain View
Thanks Meter: 21

164 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrfyter

Yup. I leave it on Airplane Mode, so it isn't drawing any data. You can still turn on wifi in this mode & use that. $3/day gives unlimited minutes, data and text for that day.

The other option is $30/month for unlimited data & text & 100 minutes.

This is all on T-Mobile's prepaid service.

Wow where do you live? Tmobile in SF bay area is $50 a month prepaid for only 500MB data (limited talk/text)
5th March 2014, 06:25 AM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Olympus Mons, Mars
Thanks Meter: 3,284

2,894 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eozdalga

Wow where do you live? Tmobile in SF bay area is $50 a month prepaid for only 500MB data (limited talk/text)

The option is hidden. You have to buy the SIM and activate it online.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lokifish Marz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread