FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

How to flash back the stock rom

40 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By a_hadada, Member on 12th March 2014, 03:41 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi, so the curiosity got the best of me and I rooted my Ultra and flashed PAC MAN Rom, only to find out I acually prefered the stock rom. Noob as I am, I'm not sure now how to proceed in getting it back. I'd like to go back to 14.2.A.1.136 stock rom. How does one go on about that? Is it ok to use flashtool and flash 14.2.A.1.136 "Generic GM" ROM that I found online back in? /I'm in UK, but couldn't find any other european version than GM - Germany/. I'm on Z Ultra C6833, rooted with unlocked boot loader. Thanks for advice!
Last edited by a_hadada; 12th March 2014 at 03:43 PM.

12th March 2014, 05:33 PM |#2  
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,638

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_hadada

Hi, so the curiosity got the best of me and I rooted my Ultra and flashed PAC MAN Rom, only to find out I acually prefered the stock rom. Noob as I am, I'm not sure now how to proceed in getting it back. I'd like to go back to 14.2.A.1.136 stock rom. How does one go on about that? Is it ok to use flashtool and flash 14.2.A.1.136 "Generic GM" ROM that I found online back in? /I'm in UK, but couldn't find any other european version than GM - Germany/. I'm on Z Ultra C6833, rooted with unlocked boot loader. Thanks for advice!

yep just flash a FTF. Then when that is done flash a kernel with recovery (using flashtool) Jackies one is good, this will allow you to flash SuperSu update from recovery to get root back.
12th March 2014, 07:00 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether

yep just flash a FTF. Then when that is done flash a kernel with recovery (using flashtool) Jackies one is good, this will allow you to flash SuperSu update from recovery to get root back.

Cool thanks! I've read somewhere that after I unlocked the bootloader there will be no bravia engine not even after flashing the original firmware back again? Is that true? Thanks!
13th March 2014, 12:24 AM |#4  
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,638

Donate to Me
More
You have to have a TA backup to get the DRM keys back to get xreality fully working. There is a thread in the mod section that my work

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)