[Q] simple root while on kitkat ota on sprint
ok guys gonna be honest here. its been a long time since I have done any rooting but remember the basics. and will have no problems but I need some verification before I proceed.
I am wanting to root because I just cannot stand this bloat crap that is embedded into my stock note 3. especially this flipboard crap! I mean what the hell. cant even turn it off! I wonder how much they had to pay Samsung to have this embedded where you can even turn it off!!!!! and when you force stop it is updates the next day and is on again! ohh it burns me up makes me boil. I have already called and chewed Samsung a new a**hole. but doesn't matter they don't care. so it is time for me to take matters into my own hands.
anyway. I am going to paste the procedure I found and make sure this is the correct way up to date or point me to a better way if one is available.
what I want is just to be able to remove this bloat and get rid of the knox crap that is an invasion of my privacy anyway! I really don't care about roms at all. just want to have control of my phone..
here is the procedure I am going to follow
So i am going to root my sisters phone, as she has not been previously rooted and she is already on the stock kit-kat ota. Im looking at this method and I hear good things, though I believe that things are a little bit easier for those who are already on stock ota. So to help clear up some confusion im listing the simplified steps for those already on stock kit-kat so could someone please confirm if this is accurate?
1. Download odin/CF-root from op (file name-CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005)
2. Download 4.4 bl compatible twrp from OP-(file name hltespr-recovery-4.4.img)
3. Since you are already on 4.4 Bl simply put phone in dl mode and flash the included CF-root 9005.tar (placed in PDA of course)
4. Allow phone to reboot (no data will be wiped, and phone will be rooted correct??)
5. Boot back into dl mode and odin the hltespr-recovery-4.4.img (placed in in PDA)
6. Reboot.. now phone will be rooted with Twrp recovery and you are free to flash any rom 4.4 only of course (freeza's 4.4 stockish rom)
so please someone confirm if this is correct, and clarify whether data will be wiped?
is this safe and are the files up to date?