FORUMS

Google now launcher question

36 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By cr08, Member on 1st March 2014, 08:56 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So I have a very stupid question / possible coincidence. I've had this come up once or twice already. Since obviously the Google now launcher does the okay Google hot word, is it also possible for it to identify music as well as the hot word automatically? In both previous cases I was listening to music on another device but had my phone on the home screen. When I go into google play music it has recommendations at the top based on said music I was listening to despite me not listening to that music in play music for a few days. Is this just a coincidence? My odd imagination? I just find it really weird.

Thanks.

P.S. I should clarify that by other device I mean the factory no frills radio in my car.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

1st March 2014, 09:33 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
It's probably just using the information from your last visit to the Play store. If you think about apps's that are made for recognising music songs, doing something like this via a Google search bar it would make the app rather large? I'm sure it's a small file size?

I might be wrong, but I'm guessing it's just remembered from the last time you used Play store, it could be coincidence if you listen to popular songs.
The Following User Says Thank You to WyvilleDog For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st March 2014, 11:33 PM |#3  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Tapatalk (application) is an android app that allows you to connect at several forum sites. It combines data and it is used by many users because they can switch forums very easily.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
5th March 2014, 01:02 AM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyvilleDog

It's probably just using the information from your last visit to the Play store. If you think about apps's that are made for recognising music songs, doing something like this via a Google search bar it would make the app rather large? I'm sure it's a small file size?

I might be wrong, but I'm guessing it's just remembered from the last time you used Play store, it could be coincidence if you listen to popular songs.

Apologies for the delay. Yeah, I guess it is a coincidence. I tried today to trigger it intentionally but didn't get it to happen this time. Just seemed odd though the first time around. Odd in a good way, anyways. I happen to like all the Google smarts and integration rather than fear it, personally. Not enough hours in the day these days to accomplish everything so the more assistance I can get, the better.

Thanks again for the response.
5th March 2014, 03:11 AM |#5  
Flag Medellin
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi, as yo can see, this will be my first post so......be gentle.

About you question, i think that the suggetions come from the info that you music player gather about the music you listen to, you can see if your music player "sees" what are you listening in senttings>apps> -your music player- >permissions.

I hope that you found this helpful. =D
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread