Tinycore is a tiny and highly customizable cpu and memory monitor gadget that will fit your status-bar or any other place on your screen perfectly. With this app you will always know how much Ram your device is using how much load your CPU has or even on what frequencies your CPU is running.
Tinycore is in fact a small overlay window, the overlay is so small that most people wont even notice it's there. No matter what you do on your device Tinycore is always there to tell you the whats going one inside without distracting you or using lots of your valuable screen space.
This is an example of how Tinycore could look when placed on top of the status-bar! Of course many more styles can be created! (See attached images for full app screenshots)
Tinycore is designed to be lightweight, fashionable and to be highly customizable! The 'impact' on system resources like Ram and CPU aren't noticeable at all, which is great because no one wants a resource eating monitor. The application tries to follow official android developer guidelines as much as possible and comes with the simplicity and beauty of the famous Holo theme.
Although Tinycore has some pro features the basic version of the app is fully usable! For the full customization experience some pro features can be unlocked inside the app using Google In-app-billing.
Currently the app is only available trough Google Play
If you like Tinycore you may want to check out my new game Pixie Dust: Play with the elements! :)
Pixie Dust xda thread
- Display system monitors of your choice in the status-bar:
- CPU usage
- CPU frequency (pro)
- CPU temperature
- RAM usage
- Battery level
- Battery temperature
- Add up to 10 different monitors at once to the status-bar! (pro)
- Create multiple monitor profiles
- Monitor customization options:
- Core options, only for CPU monitors
- Multi-core support (pro)
- Automaticly start at boot
- Optional "Keep-alive" notification
- Customizable update interval (pro)
- Float below status-bar (pro)
Tinycore uses only the most highly necessary permissions and nothing more!
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED This permission is used to start the app automatically when your phone boots
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW Must have permission for this app, without this permission the app is not capable of showing the monitor
The main reason I created this topic was because I would really like to get some feedback. I did not have the chance to fully test this app on devices with 8 or more cores, if you have a problem or got some great ideas! Let me know!
Tinycore, App for all devices (see above for details)
Last Updated 2014-12-11