FORUMS

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Sticky Roll Up Thread - Please Post Sticky Requests Here

30th October 2012, 11:13 PM |#1  
O_G's Avatar
OP Moderator Committee - Life Can't Beat Me
Flag Glosta
Thanks Meter: 5,287
 
More
Last edited by eagleeyetom; 24th January 2013 at 12:44 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to O_G For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
31st October 2012, 05:35 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
BMM - Boot Menu Manager - v0.2.7 | v0.2.9a [RECOVERY][BOTH][ICS]

[ROM][GSM][CDMA] Razr Android 4.0.4 ICS Official MIUI [27 October]
Last edited by Quantumstate; 31st October 2012 at 05:37 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Quantumstate For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2012, 02:41 PM |#3  
O_G's Avatar
OP Moderator Committee - Life Can't Beat Me
Flag Glosta
Thanks Meter: 5,287
 
More
Added the boot menu manager one, but we dont stick individual ROMs.

Thanks.
1st November 2012, 04:22 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
Why not? As long as one ROM isn't favored over others.

It may be bad form but I offer my own thread here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=33326113
Maybe alot of ppl here didn't need this info, but I sure did. If not useful for most, then I understand.

And if possible, why call them "stickies". Seems a little gross. More like 'pinned' threads.
4th November 2012, 01:32 AM |#5  
surdu_petru's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 8,787
 
Donate to Me
More
Hi !

...good idea of ​​regrouping almost all Sticky Threads !

...but, I think we do not need any Sticky on Android Development !

Normally all Sticky Threads should be on General and Q&A section !

Why ?

- for a new user , also for many users : section General and Q&A are paramount ! - so, they will most visited in finding the news !!!

- Android Development - is for advanced users ( not need any sticky for them ! ) , and also for those who have previously passed through sections General and Q&A !

Good luck !
8th November 2012, 02:32 PM |#6  
O_G's Avatar
OP Moderator Committee - Life Can't Beat Me
Flag Glosta
Thanks Meter: 5,287
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantumstate

Why not? As long as one ROM isn't favored over others.

It may be bad form but I offer my own thread here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=33326113
Maybe alot of ppl here didn't need this info, but I sure did. If not useful for most, then I understand.

And if possible, why call them "stickies". Seems a little gross. More like 'pinned' threads.

Using your own logic, to be fair i would have to stick all the ROMs. I dont get to say what there called, the admins choose sticky, so sticky it is. Added your thread to the list

Quote:
Originally Posted by surdu_petru

Hi !

...good idea of ​​regrouping almost all Sticky Threads !

...but, I think we do not need any Sticky on Android Development !

Normally all Sticky Threads should be on General and Q&A section !

Why ?

- for a new user , also for many users : section General and Q&A are paramount ! - so, they will most visited in finding the news !!!

- Android Development - is for advanced users ( not need any sticky for them ! ) , and also for those who have previously passed through sections General and Q&A !

Good luck !

Android development is not for advanced users, it is for development based threads. Most of the sticky threads here would help new users use the development section, hence the sticky threads. The point here to eliminate the need for these users to repeatedly ask the same question, keeping our great forum clean. There is no "elitism" here, we all want to learn and i hope help each other, thats the point of XDA.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to O_G For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st January 2013, 06:13 AM |#7  
Olao99's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
Hey, I believe that what should definitely be stickyd is the Safestrap thread. It is the most basic stuff (after root) in the Droid Razr world for android development. It is the base for almost every ROM, and new users could easily get disoriented when they access the top posts and read Safestrap all over the place without knowing what it is. Also, not so new users and senior users continuedly need to check on the thread due updates or bugs as said before it is the base for almost all ROMs here.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1391900




And the most basic thread that I believe should be in every Android development forum should be the root guide. There are many here but I believe that the one that is good easy to understand, and serves as an introduction is this one:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1710871


EDIT: Happy new year!
Last edited by Olao99; 1st January 2013 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Corrected link
1st January 2013, 01:17 PM |#8  
spc_hicks09's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Marion, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,800
 
Donate to Me
More
I would like to request that this be stickied please!

JB OTA for the Motorola Droid RAZR / Maxx

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2069935

I posted exact instructions on how to manually flash it, as well as how to keep root permissions. In 5 days it already has over 6,000 views.
2nd January 2013, 07:47 PM |#9  
Tomsgt's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag IN
Thanks Meter: 2,199
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spc_hicks09

I would like to request that this be stickied please!

JB OTA for the Motorola Droid RAZR / Maxx

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2069935

I posted exact instructions on how to manually flash it, as well as how to keep root permissions. In 5 days it already has over 6,000 views.

Yes please sticky this thread

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Tomsgt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd January 2013, 03:33 PM |#10  
woonaval's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spc_hicks09

I would like to request that this be stickied please!

JB OTA for the Motorola Droid RAZR / Maxx

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2069935

I posted exact instructions on how to manually flash it, as well as how to keep root permissions. In 5 days it already has over 6,000 views.

In the same line, it would be great to stick this one

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2078021

it's a step by step tutorial (with videos!) on how to flash the xt912 JB OTA in the Razr GSM (xt910).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Droid RAZR Android Development by ThreadRank