Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

(VZW) VS980 Kitkat thread (ota captured and successfully installed)

OP abdel12345

5th March 2014, 01:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,335

5,429 posts
More
The guide for manual install is here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2699123

Big v thanks to @xdabbeb

Ok kitkat was pulled off the servers and xdabbeb was able to install. It successfully.

Kitkat hasn't come yet to the verizon model but the kitkat thread is too cluttered and confusing. A couple guys agreed with me that a new thread just for verizon users would be easier to follow so we don't get all the other info mixed in. So discuss expected release dates, what you think verizon will change, how much more boat they'll add (I'm being kinda negative About this) etc. And once it officially out then we can see if anything is different than the other versions since they tend to change it a little than other carriers. Maybe we'll get something nice that other carriers didn't. Who knows.

And If there's any verizon employees that's like to drop a hint for us. PLEASE DO we won't tell

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
Last edited by abdel12345; 1st April 2014 at 01:46 PM.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to abdel12345 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2014, 02:15 AM   |  #2  
Flag Fort Wayne, IN
Thanks Meter: 426

1,157 posts
More
I heard March 20 form a best buy employee who owns a g2. Don't really trust the accuracy but thought I'd throw it out there.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
5th March 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 598

2,429 posts
Thanks for taking the initiative on this. Sounds like it's not too dev friendly for the immediate future though. I wonder if 2nd init or kexec might be the direction to go.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
5th March 2014, 02:28 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 36

186 posts
OP thank you for starting this thread lmao finally a place for vs980 it's obviously his month but we will all have to look out for leaks x_x and testing stuff x) I'm prolly guessing that the march 20th date sounds about right or maybe after :0 just my thoughts
5th March 2014, 02:40 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 37

134 posts
Great job for starting this thread😄 wish someone would start a sprint only thread it's very confusing since there seems to be so many varieties of the lg-g2

sent from my lg-ls980 there are many like it but this one is mine
5th March 2014, 03:39 AM   |  #6  
Flag Central NJ
Thanks Meter: 2,840

8,313 posts
More
maybe if XDA actually listened to it's members, we'd have had the G2 forums broken up into each variant as a separate board MONTHS ago....
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jayochs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #7  
Flag South East Mass.
Thanks Meter: 28

121 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdel12345

Kitkat hasn't come yet to the verizon model but the kitkat thread is too cluttered and confusing. A couple guys agreed with me that a new thread just for verizon users would be easier to follow so we don't get all the other info mixed in. So discuss expected release dates, what you think verizon will change, how much more boat they'll add (I'm being kinda negative About this) etc. And once it officially out then we can see if anything is different than the other versions since they tend to change it a little than other carriers. Maybe we'll get something nice that other carriers didn't. Who knows.

And If there's any verizon employees that's like to drop a hint for us. PLEASE DO we won't tell

Thanks for starting this thread. I agree was hard finding info for VS980 on other thread.
5th March 2014, 04:08 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 57

461 posts
I have a feeling verizon will keep the ugly blue icons. I would even settle for jb blue rather than the ugly ics colored ones ha ha

5th March 2014, 04:46 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,335

5,429 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricecake2000

I have a feeling verizon will keep the ugly blue icons. I would even settle for jb blue rather than the ugly ics colored ones ha ha

I think Google is requiring the white icons as a standard now but you never know with verizon lol. They seem to break all the rules especially with how different they made the g2.

The 20th date sounds reasonable. I hope they can get it by then because I hear lots of people estimating April but I hope they're just exaggerating Verizon's slowness

5th March 2014, 04:59 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 44

393 posts
More
I would love the white icons. It's grown on me. The blue seams kinda childish

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread