No registration required

JUMP! To Galaxy S5?

OP Ark1406

28th February 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 200

389 posts
More
I'm jumping to the S5 or HTC One 2, considering Samsung and T-Mobile phones are always running a deal, If I were to jump on release day, I'd pay a down payment. Anyone who has previously jumped to a high end phone can tell me what they paid for the down payment? Or what kind of price to expect on the S5 with jump? Or, is it best to wait till they have a special price on the S5? Like, the note 3 was offered at no DP around December and November.
28th February 2014, 10:24 PM   |  #2  
Flag cHARMcity,MD
Thanks Meter: 3,143

4,111 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark1406

I'm jumping to the S5 or HTC One 2, considering Samsung and T-Mobile phones are always running a deal, If I were to jump on release day, I'd pay a down payment. Anyone who has previously jumped to a high end phone can tell me what they paid for the down payment? Or what kind of price to expect on the S5 with jump? Or, is it best to wait till they have a special price on the S5? Like, the note 3 was offered at no DP around December and November.

When I got the note 3 it was zero down (release day)

Sent from my Note 3 on 4.4.2
The Following User Says Thank You to deeznutz1977 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2014, 10:27 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 35

223 posts
Quote:

I got the Note 3 on launch day for zero down.
28th February 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 200

389 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnomaz

I got the Note 3 on launch day for zero down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeznutz1977

When I got the note 3 it was zero down (release day)

Sent from my Note 3 on 4.4.2

So all you two had to do was pay taxes, and that's it? Was there a reason you two had no down, or is no down standard for a jump user?
28th February 2014, 10:44 PM   |  #5  
Flag cHARMcity,MD
Thanks Meter: 3,143

4,111 posts
More
Quote:

So all you two had to do was pay taxes, and that's it? Was there a reason you two had no down, or is no down standard for a jump user?

i guess we just got lucky...
1st March 2014, 05:50 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 318

2,010 posts
Quote:

I believe that is based on credit worthiness, unless you have not been with T-Mobile for a certain amount of time. I got my S4 in August and they told me it would be $150 down, unless I have held an account with T-Mobile for some amount of time (A year? I forget), in which case it would be $0 down.

I just Jumped to my N3 a few weeks ago and it was $0 down...which makes little sense, but, whatever.

I have great (not perfect, but up there) credit...and I've got the feeling that their bar isn't terribly high.

Then again, depending on the associate you deal with you never know how things will go down. My sister just told me how her last bill was for over $1000 because after Jumping the associate didn't credit back the original EIP balance on top of charging the entirety of her new phone balance directly to her account. I suggested going to the police as that seems like some intentionally shady business.

On the other hand my last 2 bills have not included an EIP payment at all and my device is showing $0 balance and I'm wondering if the associate perhaps screwed up completely and did the opposite of what happened to my sister. (The transaction took almost 3 hours somehow...I'm not sure he was entirely literate, even though he was a really nice guy).

I'm sure people with so-so credit walk in with no previous T-Mobile account and walk out with a $0 down N3 all the time...give it a shot. Hell, try different stores and see what you come up with.
The Following User Says Thank You to daneurysm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st March 2014, 09:54 AM   |  #7  
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 120

550 posts
More
It is 100% based on your credit. They take your Social and run it and depending on how good your credit is means if you have to put anything down or not.
1st March 2014, 09:57 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 614

1,527 posts
More
Yeah it depends on your credit. I have **** credit. There was a 0 down for good credit, 200 down for ok credit, and then there was me.... 360 down. You would think they would give me a break since I've been with them for 3 years and have paid off 3 phones early.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
2nd March 2014, 05:54 AM   |  #9  
Flag Mulberry, Florida
Thanks Meter: 452

1,722 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric214

It is 100% based on your credit. They take your Social and run it and depending on how good your credit is means if you have to put anything down or not.

They will only run it when you open your account unless you request it to be run again.

For JUMP to be efficient you need to upgrade on the 0 down deals if your credit allows. I think 0 down is a staple now so when the GS5 comes I'd expect it to be 0 down as well

Sent from my SM-N905T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to altimax98 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd March 2014, 06:15 AM   |  #10  
Flag MASTIC BEACH NY
Thanks Meter: 1,274

3,840 posts
More
Quote:

Everyone had zero down

Meaning u been with them a while.
Also good credit

TWEAKED 2.0 ELEMENT V3.0 NOTE 3
Last edited by BACARDILIMON; 2nd March 2014 at 06:18 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread