Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,633 Members 37,846 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked XT890

Tip us?

rwl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Bricked XT890

Hi. The problem is as follows: phone stuck on boot screen. I can boot into fastboot mode, but choice of any menu item returns to the boot screen. Accordingly, I can't boot into recovery. I flashed a different recovery (stock, CWM, TWRP), but still can't boot into it. I also tried to flash system. Fastboot writes following: "BLKDISCARD ioctl /dev/block/mmcblk0 fail".
I could be wrong, but I think that is a hardware problem, because /dev/block/mmcblk0 is internal memory.
I hope for your help.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1944.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	246.9 KB
ID:	2613782   Click image for larger version

Name:	vc.png
Views:	168
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	2613783  

5m00v3
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwl View Post
also tried to flash system...
i cant tell if its a hardware failure.
but did you try RSD-Lite to flash? if not go for it.
Phones: HTC Explorer (Pico) - CyanogenMod / Razr i - Root with locked BL Daily / Huawei G510-0100 - as developer device
[HARDWARE MOD] Microphone Cover - RAZRi - - - - - [APP] Playstation Mobile - ROOT needed

rwl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5m00v3 View Post
i cant tell if its a hardware failure.
but did you try RSD-Lite to flash? if not go for it.
Yes, I tried to flash using RSD lite, also unsuccessfully.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rsdlite.png
Views:	50
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	2615605  

PosixCompatible
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Yes, I tried to flash using RSD lite, also unsuccessfully.

That seems really odd.

Do you have your bootloader unlocked? If not, you may return the razr on warranty.

If it is unlocked, please give it a last try flashing my recovery from there: http://android.matthias-larisch.de/razr-i/recovery/

using fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

When that succeeds, boot into recovery (use volume down to navigate in fastboot and volume up (NOT power) to select) and try flashing your rom from zip. If that fails but recovery boot suceeds, please use adb and enter "parted /dev/block/mmcblk0 print" and post output here (maybe you should do that BEFORE trying to flash rom).

If even recovery does not flash/boot, then it really seems like a hardware error. Last try is razr i unbrick from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2283433 that guide although I don't think this can help.

Appreciate your feedback!

rwl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosixCompatible View Post
That seems really odd.

Do you have your bootloader unlocked? If not, you may return the razr on warranty.

If it is unlocked, please give it a last try flashing my recovery from there: http://android.matthias-larisch.de/razr-i/recovery/

using fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

When that succeeds, boot into recovery (use volume down to navigate in fastboot and volume up (NOT power) to select) and try flashing your rom from zip. If that fails but recovery boot suceeds, please use adb and enter "parted /dev/block/mmcblk0 print" and post output here (maybe you should do that BEFORE trying to flash rom).

If even recovery does not flash/boot, then it really seems like a hardware error. Last try is razr i unbrick from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2283433 that guide although I don't think this can help.

Appreciate your feedback!
Thank you very much, but phone is already sold. Most likely your recovery not be loaded as the rest. Unbrick also gave nothing.

PosixCompatible
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Most likely your recovery not be loaded as the rest. Unbrick also gave nothing.
Okay. It was not really clear to me if you flashed recovery the right way, that's why I posted. Only thing special in recovery version I posted is the included parted binary which I told you later to execute, that's why I recommended that one.