Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 43,887 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

buying the relay 4g in new york / updaing to 4.4.4

Tip us?

taiber2000
Old
(Last edited by taiber2000; 3rd July 2014 at 01:30 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Question buying the relay 4g in new york / updaing to 4.4.4

hello,
i'm a captivate glide user ofr about 2 years, unfortuntly my power button fail to work now and i don't know if i can fix it.
my mother going to be in new york in july and wanted to ask her to buy my the relay there.
do you know any place the still holds the phone and have a fare price for it?

hbk.vix
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by taiber2000 View Post
hello,
i'm a captivate glide user ofr about 2 years, unfortuntly my power button fail to work now and i don't know if i can fix it.
my mother going to be in new york in july and wanted to ask her to buy my the relay there.
do you know any place the still holds the phone and have a fare price for it?
Well, I'm from India.. Got my phone off eBay, shipped it to a friend who brought the phone for me. I'm not sure if any retail stores still sell it. You can find one on eBay for about 200$. And if you don't mind used mint condition phones or so, they cost only about 150.. Worth every single penny IMO.

dezmond06
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default Leftovers

You won't find it in retail stores ever... Only used on Ebay or in stock leftovers (if succeed)

dezmond06
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I bought my second Relay in http://www.gsmnation.com/ couple of monthes ago. In a brand-new condition. Now it is out of stock there but you can follow this site and check the availability regularly

taiber2000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
i bought it trough ebay, its says new in box plus they will unlock it for free so it should be good
we'll got back to the forum when i'll get ti.

by the way if i will vhange the rom to an AOSP one will it break the factoy sim unlock?

hbk.vix
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by taiber2000 View Post
i bought it trough ebay, its says new in box plus they will unlock it for free so it should be good
we'll got back to the forum when i'll get ti.

by the way if i will vhange the rom to an AOSP one will it break the factoy sim unlock?
No No.. Nothing of that sort should happen..
God forbid,but if it does you can flash back to JB and unlock it using the method listed on Xda..

taiber2000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
thanks for the reply, i'm still waiting on the delivery. i will install TWRP or CWMR first and the root the orignal rom and then back it up completely before doing someting.

Artanis02
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezmond06 View Post
You won't find it in retail stores ever... Only used on Ebay or in stock leftovers (if succeed)
Dude... there are plenty of new, unused Relays on eBay, im getting one next month.

taiber2000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
well i reciveid mine and its unused and factory unlocked as promised. i also got the t-mobile sim card its like i bouht it strait from them, will find a use for it for sure.
i'm still on the stock 4.1.2 rom. the baseband is T699UVBMC5, kernal version of 3.0.31-995683,and the build number is JZO45K.T699UVBMC5.
is this the offical lastes modem/baseband that will aloow me to install the latest 4.4.4 based rom?
i already install CWMR and rooted my device but my question is
if i wil install a 4.4.4 based rom like liquidsmooth or CM11 can i roll back to the orginal rom via a simplae restore operation within TWRP?

as for now the stock rom works preety much prefect. the calls are great, the gps lock i great. no problem with any feture that i use exepet
for a random restart of the device once in a couple of days if i overload it.
i don't want all the t-mobile crap so i'm considering the alternative.

taiber2000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
No body can answer me?

Sent from my SGH-T699 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app