[ROM][Sense 3.6]V2.5-The Second Sun[Oct 19/12]
Told you guys I would be back This is just the beginning for me!
So I've made an optimized build of Sense 3.6 for you guys, and since I'm also a major space nerd, I've decided this ROM will be named after various interstellar objects for the different builds, along with facts about the chosen interstellar object.
I'm sure everyone is familiar with the scene in Star Wars with two setting suns. This will be a reality for us on Earth anytime within the next one million years, thanks to the star Betelgeuse. It's a Red Supergiant star located approximately 642.5 light years away from the Solar System, and it's due to go Supernova within the next million years. It could happen in our lifetime, or not. But when it does happen, the explosion will be so violent and powerful it will look like a second sun has appeared in the sky for a period of approximately two weeks. It may or may not outshine our Sun but it will be exceptionally bright. This would be a monumental moment of history to observe! Nights on Earth would be just as bright as the daytime thanks to the exploding star. Even though the explosion will light up the night, 99% of the energy exposed to us and the Earth is released in neutrinos that will pass through our bodies and through the Earth with absolutely no harm done whatsoever. This star is so big, if it were at the center of our solar system, it would engulf all of the inner planets, along with the Asteroid belt.
So you want to know what's so good about this particular ROM when there's already ARHD and We Want Ics? Well here you go-
Main Features -
- Based on latest 4.14.405.2 RUU
- Memory tweaks for optimal performance
- Exceptionally smooth performance even with stock HTC kernel at 1GHz
- EXT4 File system for increased performance
- Updates as often as needed for ROM stability and by user request
- Useful pre-installed apps such as - ESFileExplorer, SuperSU, No-Frills CPU control, itandy's Sense Lockscreen Shortcut Provider(Please follow instructions in thread on how to use app properly), Auto-Rotate toggle app activated by holding Search button. HTC Notes has also been added.
- Enabled GPU UI rendering
- Almost Project Butter tweaks for increased reponsiveness and smoothness
- Camera quality tweaks
- Build.prop tweaks for increased performance
- AROMA installer for a nice installation
- Support for BlackRose and Revolutionary HBOOT
- More and more mods coming each day, thanks to the great users! All mods are in 2nd post.
- Init.d and busybox support
- Customized, but still a stock Sense 3.6 ROM, it's just been optimized
Changelog- V2.5: The Second Sun
-Rebased on latest RUU 4.14.405.2
-More bloat gone
Changelog- V2.0: The Second Sun
- Added support for AROMA installer
- Deleted CarrierIQ related files
- Added SuperSU.apk, and itandy's Sense Lockscreen Shortcut provider.apk
- Fixed wallpaper bug
- Added support for Chinese/Traditional/Simplified
- Added support for Arabic and US English
- Added in HTC Evernote app/widget
- Fixed init.d
- Removed lines in updater script that wiped ROM with installation (Allows for installation without losing data)
Changelog- V1.5: SuperMassive_BlackHole
- Rebased on EXT4 file system for increased performance.
- Added auto-rotate.apk(hold search to activate)
- Search key back to default
- Updated .apk's in /data/app/ to latest versions.
- Added support for Revolutionary H-BOOT
- Slimmed down /system partition
- Added Australian English
- Deleted useless system files/bloatware
- My favourite ringtone makes a comeback! FrostedNotification by JohnBlundon is now the default notification tone.
Changelog- V1.0: SuperMassive_BlackHole
- Updates as often as needed for ROM stability
- Exceptionally smooth performance on even stock HTC kernel at 1GHz (Recommend using XS-ICS 2.2 though)
- Custom bootanimation functionality
- Rooted and de-odexed
- Enabled GPU ui rendering
- "Almost Project Butter" tweaks for increased responsiveness and smoothness
- Various build.prop tweaks to optimize ROM
- Camera quality adjustment tweaks
- Search button mapped to "Recent Apps" by default
- Disabled kernel error checking for increased performance
- Busybox support
- Init.d scripts support
- Auto zipalign on boot
- /data/app for easy uninstallation of unwanted apps
- Added No-Frills CPU Control.apk, and ES File Explorer.apk.
Where's this ROM going in the future? There won't be much updates after this, except for updating to a new base RUU or for bug fixes/new features. I'm going to be focusing on my upcoming CM9 here pretty soon. Sometime in the future, I may also be porting Blackout tweaks to this ROM, so you would have a choice between blackout or leedroid tweaks.
If there are any themer's out there that would like to give me a hand I would really appreciate it. I wanted to theme Sense to have more black and red highlights.. not overpowering but enough to make it feel "darker". I tried theme-ing Sense myself, and my efforts looked about equal to a Grade 2's paint project.
My mind operates on a logical basis, not a creative basis so I prefer sticking to coding and not touching image files..
Installation instructions - Blackrose HBOOT 2.02 recommended. NOTE - Support for Revolutionary HBOOT has been added.
NOTE- If your coming from a previous version of my ROM, you should be able to flash this over top and retain your data.
- Reboot into recovery
- Wipe data/factory reset
- Wipe all partitions (Excluding SD card)
- Flash "V2.0-The_Second_Sun.zip"
- Reboot and enjoy! (Be patient, first boot will take a while)
Installation instructions for Blackrose PG32IMG.zip
- Place on root of your sdcard
- Reboot into bootloader and it should be found automatically
- Apply the update
Installation instructions for XS-ICS 2.2
- Flash the ROM
- Reboot and let the ROM settle for a few minutes
- Reboot into recovery and flash kernel
Using those steps, you should avoid the wifi error. If not just push bcm4329.ko(found in kernel package) into /system/lib/modules.
I recommend using the following frequencies if your using a kernel that supports OC -
I get amazing battery life even though my settings are very performance biased.
V2.5 is live!
Mods are still compatible with the new version, and I would recommend a full wipe before installation, but you don't have to if you want to keep your data. If you find a bug, make sure to let me know whether you wiped with installation or not, as the new base may cause problems without a wipe.
Download link - V2.5-The_Second_Sun
Download link - V2.0-The_Second_Sun
BlackRose HBOOT 2.02 S-OFF PG32IMG.zip can be found here
XS-ICS 2.2 download link - Download here
Redux Kernel 0.6 download link - Download here
If you like my ROM please thank this post!
-flak0 for his "Almost project butter" tweaks http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1855722
-JohnBlundon for his FrostedNotification tone!
-Mike1986 for helping me with the languages
-Nikhil007mmus for porting Leedroid tweaks
-m0narx for creating Leedroid tweaks
-itandy for his Sense Lockscreen Shortcut Provider app!
-linezero for making my ROM headers!
-lostpr0phet for his XS-ICS kernel
-Nonverbose for his Redux kernel
-All users that helped me when I needed it!
HTC Incredible S
H-BOOT 2.02.0002 S-OFF Blackrose
Rom- V2.5-The Second Sun
Kernel- Redux 0.6
CPU- 1.4GHz/368MHz SmartAssV2/noop
My second ROM for the HTC Incredible S - V2.5-The Second Sun