Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Exclamation Quick poll: Was Your G - Pad's Box Sealed? I Think i Know Why Some Were Not..

OP RaiderWill

9th December 2013, 06:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag A Neutron Star
Thanks Meter: 299

663 posts
More
Hello Mates..
I have a theory as to why a lot of G Pad 8.3's are being received with "Non-Sealed" boxes...
I believe it's because they made every box with a picture of a *White* G-Pad on the box !
Even though the label does say "Black" or "White" who the Hell reads labels..

Mine was purchased Saturday during the $279.00 sale at BestBuy and the store was busy as heck.. A Samsung rep asked if he could help me, so I told him what I was waiting for.. He grabbed a key and brought up a unit in one of those "Theft-Proof" plastic cases and you could clearly see the box looked like it had already been opened, and someone Half-Assed sealed it back up.. this was visible even in through the Theft-Proof case.

I said " Dude.. first of all I said I wanted a *Black* one you can see on box it's white (the label was not visible..) and second, you can see the box is already open.. Please have someone get me a new unit in Black". Their computer said they had 2 in stock for sale.. No one could find the *Black* ones.. So the Store Mgr got involved and the search was on!

30 minutes later someone finally figured it out and actually LOOKED AT THE TABLET instead of all of us looking at the picture on the box and NOT reading the label which clearly states the color...

Me thinks, That's what Vendors are doing.. peaking in to see what color the units are and not reading the label.

I blame LG for this... you should have used a corresponding colored picture with your Tablets.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RaiderWill For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th December 2013, 07:11 PM   |  #2  
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
UK buyer and mine was missing a security seal.

Didn't realise until i had walked out of store when panic set in. Quickly checked the tablet, box, cables etc and no sign what so ever of use. Checkex box and found no evidence of a previous seal.

Unusual in this day and age
9th December 2013, 07:51 PM   |  #3  
Flag West Side
Thanks Meter: 26

312 posts
More
Mine was not sealed. Black in a white pictured box from best buy.
9th December 2013, 08:48 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 6

31 posts
Bought a black on in uk and my box was sealed
9th December 2013, 08:53 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 92

510 posts
None of the ones at Best Buy were sealed when I got mine. When I noticed that the one I picked up wasn't sealed, the guy went back and looked for one that was and couldn't find any. However, he did find a black one that he didn't know they had and brought it out saying, "Hey, didn't you say you'd prefer a black one?", so it worked out for me overall in that sense! Still, it's weird that so few of the boxes are sealed...
9th December 2013, 08:59 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 8

118 posts
I bought mine at bol.com and indeed a white box without a seal...

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda app-developers app
9th December 2013, 09:13 PM   |  #7  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 78

558 posts
More
Got mine from Newegg and it arrived unsealed.
9th December 2013, 09:42 PM   |  #8  
Flag Indiana
Thanks Meter: 421

1,626 posts
More
Mine, from Best Buy, was also unsealed.
9th December 2013, 09:56 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 42

207 posts
So those dunces boxed up the tablets with no indication on the outside what color they were? They all had to be opened to check?
9th December 2013, 10:11 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 41

114 posts
Black g pad, white on photo and unsealed, bought from amazon

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread