Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Ting and data issues

OP corona36

7th March 2014, 11:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
So I wanted to pay less money than the crazy money I was wasting with VZW so I researched other carriers. I picked Ting since they seemed to offer the most bang for the buck. I ordered an LG OG on ebay and got it hooked up. After I completed activation I let it sit and wait for the data signal. It never came. I've tried every reset available to try to get this thing running. APNs don't do anything. Resets don't do anything. I tried different roms and made it worse. Now I'm back to stock and still dead in the water. I can't run hands free activation whether I'm on WiFi or not. I get error 67 when I turn my data back on. My prl, profile, and firmware all report back authentication errors.

I've exhausted my knowledge at this point and now turn to you fine folks. Anyone else had any luck getting things like this to work?
8th March 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,683

2,296 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by corona36

So I wanted to pay less money than the crazy money I was wasting with VZW so I researched other carriers. I picked Ting since they seemed to offer the most bang for the buck. I ordered an LG OG on ebay and got it hooked up. After I completed activation I let it sit and wait for the data signal. It never came. I've tried every reset available to try to get this thing running. APNs don't do anything. Resets don't do anything. I tried different roms and made it worse. Now I'm back to stock and still dead in the water. I can't run hands free activation whether I'm on WiFi or not. I get error 67 when I turn my data back on. My prl, profile, and firmware all report back authentication errors.

I've exhausted my knowledge at this point and now turn to you fine folks. Anyone else had any luck getting things like this to work?

Have you seen this thread yet? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2340437

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
8th March 2014, 01:05 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by engine95

Have you seen this thread yet? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2340437

Yup, as I said, tried that too and it got me nowhere.
8th March 2014, 01:41 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,683

2,296 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yup, as I said, tried that too and it got me nowhere.

So you don't have Sprint service at all. I can't help then.
But if you read that whole thread, there might be something to help you out.

8th March 2014, 05:24 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 180

209 posts
More
what rom?
8th March 2014, 03:05 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Right now running full stock with no root or unlock. Same as it was when I first got it.
8th March 2014, 06:58 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 180

209 posts
More
Quote:

Right now running full stock with no root or unlock. Same as it was when I first got it.

sounds like someone sold you a **** phone. I wonder if its an international version flashed to be sprint. i would go through the lgnpst process then see if you can update prl and profile. you cant really run the automatic activation thing. also try the irc some of the guys on there could help too.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread