Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,250 Members 41,413 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Calendar settings not saved after reboot

Tip us?

evilpharmacist
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Calendar settings not saved after reboot

I use the calendar app from Samsung because that one is optimized for the big screen of the Note II. When I get a notification for an appointment, I get it twice. Once from the Samsung calendar and once from the Google Calendar app. I had to install that last one because otherwise the Samsung calendar app doesn't sync with Google Calendar online.

I want to disable the notifications from the Google Calendar app, so I only get the notification once.
I set the notification in the Samsung app to vibrate and disable notifications in the Google calendar app.
But as soon as I reboot, these settings are reset!

Why is this?

Primokorn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1853

DONATE TO ME
Check again your Google Calendar settings because I've just disabled Notifications in General Settings then rebooted my phone and the option is still unchecked...
Nexus 5 | Ask any questionTWRP themes 720p & 1080pDark XDA

LGE Nexus 5 | TWRP Recovery | Mahdi | Uber fan of Uber kernel

evilpharmacist
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis_ View Post
Check again your Google Calendar settings because I've just disabled Notifications in General Settings then rebooted my phone and the option is still unchecked...
Yeah I checked and verified. I suspect it's a conflict between the two apps.
I wish Google Calendar would show the name of the appointment on the month overview, like the Samsung Calendar app does. That's the only thing that keeps me from using the Google Calendar app...

It seems like I'm not the only one:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2046429
http://android.stackexchange.com/que...-notifications

spaceboy_psy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Bizarrely my situation is the same but different - I want to just use Google Calendar, but after reboot my settings swap to have S Planner notifications on and Google Calendar notifications off. Only workaround so far seems to be to use S Planner, but I prefer Google... Any solution for using Google Calendar greatly appreciated!

slashshek
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceboy_psy View Post
Bizarrely my situation is the same but different - I want to just use Google Calendar, but after reboot my settings swap to have S Planner notifications on and Google Calendar notifications off. Only workaround so far seems to be to use S Planner, but I prefer Google... Any solution for using Google Calendar greatly appreciated!
I'm note 3 user, the problem just exactly the same as you.
Tags
calendar, reset, settings