Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,576 Members 44,227 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't transfer large files to PC

Tip us?

Mathman85
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 112
Default [Q] Can't transfer large files to PC

So I've been having this problem since I got my HTC One where I can't transfer large files (namely, my nandroid backups) to my PC. It'll copy the two smallest files in the folder and then stop like it's done. Right now, I have the phone in recovery and am able to use adb to pull the files individually, but this is a pain in the ass. Any ideas what's going on that's preventing me from using a simple copy/paste when the phone is booted (like I've done on every other device I've owned)? I've tried many different USB cables, including OEM, so that's not the problem...
Phone: HTC One
ROM: Android Revolution HD 80.0

Tablet: NVidia Shield Tablet (WiFi)
Stock... for now

Retired: HTC EVO 4G, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO View 4G, ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity

bbinder
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Does it work if you use an app like Airdroid?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

butch_bs
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathman85 View Post
So I've been having this problem since I got my HTC One where I can't transfer large files (namely, my nandroid backups) to my PC. It'll copy the two smallest files in the folder and then stop like it's done. Right now, I have the phone in recovery and am able to use adb to pull the files individually, but this is a pain in the ass. Any ideas what's going on that's preventing me from using a simple copy/paste when the phone is booted (like I've done on every other device I've owned)? I've tried many different USB cables, including OEM, so that's not the problem...

Your PC filesystem is FAT?

muhammad.uzi1994
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I have the same issue but only with one of my PC's, dont know what the problem is :S

n1234d
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathman85 View Post
That's a problem with older TWRP recoveries, they mess up the permissions of the nandroids. Just download 2.6.3.3 and flash, then try again..

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Always hit the "Thanks" Button
Use this link to get 50GB of cloud storage from ADrive absolutely free!
Samsung SCH-M569 --> Nokia Asha 200 --> iPod Touch 4G --> HTC One (M7) --> HTC One (M8)
Current Device :
HTC One (M8) M8q Gunmetal Grey (Lighter Variant), SlickWraps Carbon Fiber Black
HBOOT 3.18 S-ON
2.10.720.1 Stock rooted
ElementalX Kernel

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 964

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1234d View Post
That's a problem with older TWRP recoveries, they mess up the permissions of the nandroids. Just download 2.6.3.3 and flash, then try again..

+1
old versions of TWRP had this problem, 2.6.3.3 works
http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7
or http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7ul
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

Mathman85
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 112
Apologies for disappearing for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1234d View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
+1
old versions of TWRP had this problem, 2.6.3.3 works
http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7
or http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7ul
Weird. I used adb pull to move all my old nandroids before updating the recovery (I needed to create a new nandroid before the 4.4 update and had no space left). I'll give it a shot tonight, since I'm on 2.6.3.3 now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch_bs View Post
Your PC filesystem is FAT?
lol No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbinder View Post
Does it work if you use an app like Airdroid?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Didn't try. Wireless transfer of a nandroid would've taken forever, and I don't currently use any wireless syncing apps other than dropbox (which, come to think of it, also could not upload my nandroid backups).
Phone: HTC One
ROM: Android Revolution HD 80.0

Tablet: NVidia Shield Tablet (WiFi)
Stock... for now

Retired: HTC EVO 4G, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO View 4G, ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity

Tags
large files, usb transfer