[Q] Can't transfer large files to PC

OP Mathman85

27th February 2014, 03:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 115

311 posts
More
So I've been having this problem since I got my HTC One where I can't transfer large files (namely, my nandroid backups) to my PC. It'll copy the two smallest files in the folder and then stop like it's done. Right now, I have the phone in recovery and am able to use adb to pull the files individually, but this is a pain in the ass. Any ideas what's going on that's preventing me from using a simple copy/paste when the phone is booted (like I've done on every other device I've owned)? I've tried many different USB cables, including OEM, so that's not the problem...
27th February 2014, 04:35 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 26

111 posts
Does it work if you use an app like Airdroid?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
27th February 2014, 05:55 AM   |  #3  
Flag Bourgas
Thanks Meter: 1

57 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathman85

So I've been having this problem since I got my HTC One where I can't transfer large files (namely, my nandroid backups) to my PC. It'll copy the two smallest files in the folder and then stop like it's done. Right now, I have the phone in recovery and am able to use adb to pull the files individually, but this is a pain in the ass. Any ideas what's going on that's preventing me from using a simple copy/paste when the phone is booted (like I've done on every other device I've owned)? I've tried many different USB cables, including OEM, so that's not the problem...

Your PC filesystem is FAT?
27th February 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 32

305 posts
More
I have the same issue but only with one of my PC's, dont know what the problem is :S
28th February 2014, 12:36 AM   |  #5  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 210

717 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathman85

That's a problem with older TWRP recoveries, they mess up the permissions of the nandroids. Just download 2.6.3.3 and flash, then try again..

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
28th February 2014, 12:53 AM   |  #6  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,166

4,262 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1234d

That's a problem with older TWRP recoveries, they mess up the permissions of the nandroids. Just download 2.6.3.3 and flash, then try again..

+1
old versions of TWRP had this problem, 2.6.3.3 works
http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7
or http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7ul
5th March 2014, 07:50 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 115

311 posts
More
Apologies for disappearing for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1234d

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

+1
old versions of TWRP had this problem, 2.6.3.3 works
http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7
or http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7ul

Weird. I used adb pull to move all my old nandroids before updating the recovery (I needed to create a new nandroid before the 4.4 update and had no space left). I'll give it a shot tonight, since I'm on 2.6.3.3 now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch_bs

Your PC filesystem is FAT?

lol No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbinder

Does it work if you use an app like Airdroid?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Didn't try. Wireless transfer of a nandroid would've taken forever, and I don't currently use any wireless syncing apps other than dropbox (which, come to think of it, also could not upload my nandroid backups).

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
large files, usb transfer
Previous Thread Next Thread