FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] How to successfully install CWM Recovery onto Samsung Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545)

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By ChaoranWang, Junior Member on 5th March 2014, 03:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I successfully rooted my Verizon Galaxy S4. My root checker verifies this. However when I go to install CWM Recovery and I give it permission and everything and select boot into recovery it boots the phone into download mode. The same happens with TWRP recovery in GooManager. I am just stuck and not sure how to proceed. I have also tried flashing CWM Recovery via ODIN but that fails as well.

5th March 2014, 04:17 PM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoranWang

I successfully rooted my Verizon Galaxy S4. My root checker verifies this. However when I go to install CWM Recovery and I give it permission and everything and select boot into recovery it boots the phone into download mode. The same happens with TWRP recovery in GooManager. I am just stuck and not sure how to proceed. I have also tried flashing CWM Recovery via ODIN but that fails as well.

i think verizon locked the bootloader on their s4, i you might have to use the "Scary" Safestrap. but if a CWM image has been built already then there has to be a way to flash it, try snooping around zedomax's method http://galaxys4root.com/galaxy-s4-ro...oot-galaxy-s4/
5th March 2014, 07:45 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
You should do more research before you started. What your doing is a sure way for a brick. Only if your on mdk can you proceed as your doing. If your not you need to install safestrap.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)