Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,165 Members 37,647 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from Tk-Glitch: The Glitch is back, and it's on Flo !

[KERNEL][AOSP][JULY 5] Glitch for Flo/Deb - r151 - 4.4.x & L Preview compatible

Tip us?

Tk-Glitch
Old
(Last edited by Tk-Glitch; 15th October 2013 at 07:17 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3038

DONATE TO ME
Default [KERNEL][AOSP][JULY 5] Glitch for Flo/Deb - r151 - 4.4.x & L Preview compatible

These kernels are provided as-is without warranty. I'm not responsible for any problem you may encounter with your phone or tablet or if your cat suddenly dies.
Although, don't expect support even if I will eventually help because I love cats.

*And get a thermonuclear reactor in your device for free ! (AAA batteries sold separately)

Overview & features :

Don't go crazy with overclocking, only the best devices will be able to get 2.3 GHz stable or even bootable, though heat will be your main issue.
The benchmark results in the banner were obtained with "only" 1.94GHz CPU, 627MHz GPU, and "Extreme" L2/cache OC, running on stock 4.4.2 rom.

- Based on Google AOSP 3.4.0 kernel source for MSM devices updated to linux 3.4.96
- Modifications based on CyanogenMod CAF source to make AOSP base compatible with official CyanogenMod 11 and others CAF based roms Suspended for now

- CPU OC up to 2.3Ghz with OV/UV support / minimum frequency down to 81 MHz (configurable)
- L2/bus speed OC up to 1.49GHz / 4.96GBPS
- GPU OC up to 627 MHz with OV/UV support

- CPU governors : Faux's intellidemand, interactive, ondemand (default), smartmax, conservative
- I/O schedulers: noop, deadline, row (default), cfq, fiops, sio

- Kernel based thermal control by crpalmer and flar2
- Kernel based msm_mpdecision hotplug driver by Showp1984
- Kernel based Intelli-plug hotplug driver by Faux123
- Kernel based Input-Boost by Showp1984

- tni.andro's battery life extender support
- Latest Sweep2wake/Sweep2sleep/Doubletap2wake from flar2
- Magnetic on/off setting
- SLIMbus OC by ZeroInfinity and Poondog

- FauxSound support
- Panel color and gamma tweaking by Faux123
- Dynamic Fsync by Faux123
- USB fast charging support
- USB OTG charge hack support by flar2

- Kernel-based NEON support
- UKSM support
- Optimized algorithms and libraries
- Various performance and power saving tweaks
- NTFS and exFAT support
- F2FS support with automatic ramdisk modification at flash time
- Kexec-hardboot support
- Touchscreen patches from Showp1984

- Aroma installer to set core features at flash time (L2 OC level, CPU OC, GPU governor etc.)
- Compiled with Cortex A15 optimized Linaro 4.9.1 toolchain using -O3 optimizations

CHANGELOGS IN #2 POST

You can tweak various options of this kernel with TricksterMod or FauxClock. (Both are available on the Android market)

Downloads (all kernels are compatible with both flo and deb)
Grab the latest builds from here :
- Glitch kernel
Mirror : Dev-Host

Do you want to discuss this kernel ?

Join the IRC channel from your web browser
here ! No registration needed
Make sure the channel is "#glitchkernel" and you're set.

For those who already have an IRC client,
here is the server : irc.freenode.net
port : 6667
Channel : #glitchkernel
FAQ :
What do I have to do to use F2FS on one (or more) of my partitions ?
First, BACKUP your data if needed, especially if you're planning to use F2FS on DATA partition, as changing filesystem will wipe the partition. Next, you need a ROM that will use F2FS format. You can modify the install scripts yourself to get this part. The last thing to do is to flash any Glitch kernel with a revision number past r150. You can restore your settings from SDcard if any, the install process will detect the partitions and modify the ramdisk so you can finally boot your system and use your fresh FS. Keep in mind updating your rom will require to repeat the whole process.

Why is my min freq wrong/not sticking in TricksterMod and/or CyanogenMod performance settings ?
This kernel is using an input-boosting mechanism that will ramp up min freq on user interaction to make the device more responsive. Most apps will fail to read/follow the value changes correctly unless it's refreshed the way FauxClock is. You can verify that your min freq works as intended using the first tab of TricksterMod (the one showing realtime frequencies). Also, you can disable input-boost from aroma or /etc/settings.conf if you really want to.

What hotplug driver should I use ?
It all depends on your tastes, but basically, Qualcomm MP-decision is the default, not so great driver you may not want, but it works nonetheless, Showp1984 msm-mpdecision tries to mimic it somewhat with a kernel-side implementation and an improved design, better battery usage and performance (that's the one I recommend for most users), and then we have Faux123 Intelli-plug, kernel-side implementation as well, more battery friendly oriented at the cost of a small performance hit you may not notice. The choice is all yours, they are all valid options ! Try and keep what you prefer.

Is my Nexus overclocked if I flash this kernel ?
When you'll flash this kernel, the Aroma installer will ask you what settings you want so you can tweak it as you want it. You're not forced to choose an overclocked frequency for the CPU, the GPU or bus/L2. Stock values are explicitly noted as is in the installer.

Can I change kernel settings I was able to tweak in aroma without reflashing ?
You can for everything but CPU and bus/L2 OC settings. You'll need to open /system/etc/glitch-settings.conf and tweak it as you want.

Asphalt 8 doesn't run better even with 1.9GHz CPU and 627 MHz GPU, what can I do ?
This game is framerate limited (at 30 FPS) so such OCs aren't required to run the game as intended. This limit has many drawbacks but we can't do anything. You may encounter less hiccups with OC, but average framerate will be about the same.

In TWRP recovery, after I'm done flashing the kernel I get a black screen ! Help me !
The issue is linked to the use of Aroma installer on TWRP that will trigger a screen timeout when it shouldn't. In TWRP settings, search for screen timeout option and disable it. It should now work normally with Aroma.

What L2/cache OC setting should I use ?
This setting will overclock bus speed and RAM so it's a bit delicate to tweak, yet it can give a nice "free" global performance boost. Let me give you some details about the available settings so you can choose wisely :

Stock (1.13GHz-4.26GBps) is the regular, out of the box, non OC setting.
Improved (1.19GHz-4.26GBps) is the same as "ElementalX" setting in Flar2's kernel.
Balanced (1.22GHz-4.66GBps) is the same as "Ultra" setting in Flar2's kernel.
Fast (1.35GHz-4.66GBps) is were most users should stop if the tab is stable.
Extreme (1.43GHz-4.80GBps) starts to push things to the limits. It may be unstable for many.

Glitchy (1.49GHz-4.96GBps) goes beyond Qualcomm's limits for the chip. It has been stability-tested successfully on a few devices, though it should only be used by advanced users who know what they are doing. Don't even try it if your device is unstable on "Extreme" settings.
-------------------------
Source :
- Glitch AOSP : https://github.com/Tk-Glitch/Glitch_Flo_AOSP

Thanks to everyone helping me to debug and find new useful things to integrate !

Without all of you, this kernel wouldn't be !

XDA:DevDB Information
Glitch kernel for Flo, Kernel for the Nexus 7 (2013)

Contributors
Tk-Glitch, Google, animania260, CyanogenMod, TeamDouche, flar2, Faux123, franciscofranco, Showp1984, Team-Hydra, sixstringsg, Poondog, ZeroInfinity, Glitch testing team
Kernel Special Features: CPU OC/UV 2.3 GHz, GPU OC/UV 627MHz, FauxSound, S2W/S2S/DT2W, Bus speed OC

Version Information

Created 2013-09-19
Last Updated 2014-07-05
Samsung GT-i9000 - Glitch Kernel - CPU @ 1.5GHz - GPU @ 250MHz
Samsung GT-i9300 - Glitch Kernel - CPU @ 1.7GHz - GPU @ 733MHz
Samsung GT-i9505 - Glitch Kernel - CPU @ 2.1GHz - GPU @ 627MHz
Asus Flo (N7 2013) - Glitch Kernel - CPU @ 2.0GHz - GPU @ 627MHz
The Following 127 Users Say Thank You to Tk-Glitch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tk-Glitch
Old
(Last edited by Tk-Glitch; 5th July 2014 at 05:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3038

DONATE TO ME
Default Changelog

AOSP kernel git commits
CM kernel git commits
Changelogs below are just following/simplifying github commits.

05/07/2014 - r151 :
AOSP kernel only :
- Base update from Linux 3.4.86 to 3.4.96
- Removed some unnecessary Aroma pages for faster navigation
- Removed Qualcomm-Optimized Dalvik/Bionic from Aroma to prevent users from softbricks when used on incompatible ROM
- Added F2FS support
- Added F2FS partition detection script to modify ramdisk accordingly at flash time. You will need to launch Aroma installer each time you change FS on supported partitions (DATA, CACHE & SYSTEM) to refresh the ramdisk configuration (you can restore your glitch settings to do that btw, no need to clean install). You can use all of them as F2FS, or just one, you decide.
- Enabled Intelliactive governor
- Added CTCaer's patch to restore forced TS firmware update sysfs

05/06/2014 - r147 :
AOSP kernel only :
- Merged with 4.4.3
- Base update from Linux 3.4.82 to 3.4.86
- Switch to Cortex-A15 optimized Linaro 4.9.1 toolchain

25/02/2014 - r142 :
- Base update from Linux 3.4.79 to 3.4.82
- Added 81 MHz CPU frequency
- Updated ondemand governor
- Switch to Cortex-A15 optimized Linaro 4.8.3 toolchain
- Disable input-boost by default in Aroma

08/02/2014 - r140.1 :
- Fix the updater script and configuration generation to fix missing files errors when some settings aren't selected. Also, set a fallback to Qualcomm MPDEC hotplug when nothing was configured.

07/02/2014 - r140 :
- Update to Linux 3.4.79
- Switch to XZ compression
- Add kernel mode NEON support as well as NEON accelerated AES & XOR implementations
- Fix CPU load miscalculation
- jbd2 and ext4 optimizations
- Add max screen off frequency support - Thanks to Flar2 (if disabled in Aroma, changing frequency in apps won't have any effect)
- Add UKSM 0.1.2.2 support
- Add dynamic management of dirty page writebacks
- Enable Wiimote HID support
- Enable USB printer support
- Bugfixes
Aroma installer overhaul :
- Reworked installation process to be clearer and more customizable
- Added an automatic backup of your settings to the root of your internal SDcard
- Added a restoration mode to get your settings from internal SDcard backup back on any rom (cross-compatible with Glitch kernel variants)
- Renamed /system/etc/settings.conf to glitch-settings.conf to make it more obviously glitchy
- Removed the need to set CPU OC, L2/cache OC and auto-uV again when keeping previous settings (now reading it from your settings at flash time. Note : editing this part in /system/etc/glitch-settings.conf requires a reflash using the "already glitched" option)
- Added Qualcomm optimized Dalvik/Bionic libraries into the installer (bionic only on CM variant) so you can install/restore them with the kernel
- Added I/O scheduler, CPU governor, read-ahead buffer size, fast charge, max screen off frequency and maximum multi-core power savings to available settings
- Fixed how the min CPU clock is applied to make it more robust and work better with governors
- Fixed how the min CPU freq uV is applied to make it work independently of the min freq (by subtracting the uV amount to the original voltage instead of forcing plain values) - Also, make it capable of setting uV for all freqs for future use.
- Changed the auto-uV menu to reflect the internal changes
- Fixed some permissions issues
- Added hotplug driver check so it's possible to restore it as well from settings without interference
- Change theme

25/01/2014 - r132 :
Performance and stability improvements :
- Enhanced memory management
- Lower CPU overhead
- Improved I/O speed in many cases
- Improved ondemand governor behavior
- Fix a memory leak
- Fix some msm_bus bugs
- Fix a false error report in Aroma log
CM kernel only :
- Fixed the "black caterpillar" bug
- Improved GPU performance consistency

23/01/2014 - r130 :
- Faux123's LCD color control driver updated to Flo version (thanks to him to make it opensource), adding gamma control. (You'll need FauxClock to tweak it - color is still available from TricksterMod)
- Some GPU driver related bugfixes
- Implemented LoUIS API for cache maintenance operations
- Update base to Linux 3.4.77
- Revert some CAF updates (fixes some L2 corruption that could lead to random reboots / black screens)
- Battery life improvements
- Some cleaning
CM kernel only :
- Fixed color control
- Fixed random heavy GPU performance drop
- Changed memory allocation to be in line with CM
- Changed naming in Aroma to differentiate from "pure" AOSP

13/01/2014 - r121 :
**Glitchy release (r119 eXPeriment) !**
- Updated AOSP4CM Frankenbuild to do some mass testing versus CAF base - Fixed color tweaking interface, buzzing seems gone, hotplugging weirdness looks fixed as well (...)
-----> Updated to r121 eXPeriment, updating Linux base from 3.4.60 to 3.4.76, also reduce stuttering on I/O heavy cases and enhance stability a bit (at the cost of a tiny impact on performances).
This new build is based on AOSP, though it is only compatible with CAF based roms (CM11 and variants).
- Also update the regular AOSP kernel in sync (except for the Linux base update, only up to 3.4.63 for now).

10/01/2014 :
CAF only :
- Revert some Showp1984 patches to fix S2S/DT2W functions

09/01/2014 - Complete installation recommended.
- Various performance improvements
- Get back some stability in a few cases for sensible devices since previous update's performance boost
- Add configurable GPU voltage and make some uV presets selectable through aroma and /etc/settings.conf (if you want to tweak the values, go check 99glitch script in your init.d folder)
- Quicker load to sleep transitions, improving battery life
- Some GPU driver bugs fixed, leading to better GPU usage/scaling in various situations (thanks to FranciscoFranco)
- Optimized Deadline io scheduler for better performances
- Adjusted shortsweep distance to make it harder to trigger accidentally (thanks to flar2)
- Updated Aroma binaries to 2.70RC2
- Fix renaming back Qualcomm's mpdecision binary when enabled in Aroma after it's been disabled
- Force disable input-boost when selecting Qualcomm's mpdecision in Aroma, as it has it's own input-boost
- Add back 400 MHz GPU frequency
- Update toolchain to Sabermod 4.8.3
- Various bugfixes
- SLIMbus OC by ZeroInfinity and Poondog
- More touchscreen patches from Showp1984, fixing more touchscreen issues
AOSP only :
- Updated ROW io scheduler from codaurora (already merged in CAF base)
CAF only :
- Sync with upstream (camera_v1: Fix the post-processor)
- Fixed ondemand governor inconsistencies/bugs that could lead to massive power drain and/or performance issues

22/12/2013 :
- Performance improvements
- Battery consumption improvements
- Various optimizations
- Bugfixes
- Added flar2's latest patch to OTG+charge hack, restoring peripherals on power loss (it's only partly working from flar2 himself)
- Added Showp1982's touchscreen patches (should fix unresponsive touchscreen issue some are having)
- Remove Simple GPU governor in favor of Interactive (Franco tweaked)
- Update linux base from 3.4.1 to 3.4.60
- Add GPU clock settings to aroma
- Add Gentle Fair Sleepers switch to aroma
- New crappy aroma logo
AOSP only (CAF kernel didn't boot with it, so it's been reverted in r103.1) :
- Added Faux123's generic panel color tweaking interface

19/12/2013 :
- Added an option to aroma for enabling/disabling input-boost. Disabling it will make TricksterMod or CM performance settings show the correct min frequency, but you may notice lower overall smoothness. If you wanted to use Qualcomm's MP-decision (what I doubt), you may want to disable it, else it'll override Qualcomm binary's self input-boost.
- Added an option to aroma for keeping your previous settings if you're already running Glitch kernel. You'll need to set CPU frequency, optimisation level and undervolting settings again then you'll be able to skip everything else. It may be required to reflash fully in the future depending on the updates. I'll add a notice in the changelog if it's required.
- Added Smartmax governor, a nice battery-saving governor to try.
- Enabled Conservative governor back (some users requested that).
- Bugfixing
NOTE : An updated kernel based on latest Glitch updates is available for CM10.2 as well this time, at user demand.

14/12/2013 :
- Add a new menu in aroma to select default hotplug driver (stock Qualcomm mpdecision, Showp1984 msm_mpdecision or Faux123 Intelli-plug)
- Change a few default settings in aroma, notably battery life Xtender is now disabled by default, S2W/DT2W power toggle enabled and Shortsweep disabled
- Update Showp1984 msm_mpdecision to latest
CAF only :
- Sync with latest CM11 changes starting at build r74
- Sync with latest Glitch AOSP update

10/12/2013 - AOSP only update :
- Merged with kitkat mr1 starting at build r69
- Updated Intelli-plug hotplug driver, Intellidemand governor and FauxSound thanks to Faux123
- Improved network latencies
- Disable s2w/dt2w when magnetic cover is used - Thanks to flar2
- Enable sched autogroup (improves multitasking performance)
- Bugfixes
- Speed tweaks

21/11/2013 :
- AOSP based kernel bumped to r62 :
- Updated to kitkat-mr0 source (dePRIMAtor.zip patch not needed anymore - reflash you rom to get wifi back to normal) - This update is not compatible with JB 4.3 !
- Added minimum CPU frequency option to aroma (this setting might be overwritten post-boot by apps or hotplug policy)
17/11/2013 :
- AOSP based Glitch kernel for CyanogenMod based roms is alive ! (Still no zRAM support on my AOSP base yet)
*This kernel may fix 3G dongle support on CM based roms*
- Added 162 and 270 MHz CPU freqs for standby/low power scenarios
- Bugfixing
- Naming changed for "N7" instead of "flo" to reflect deb compat

15/11/2013 :
- AOSP based Glitch kernel is alive ! - No zRAM support on this kernel for now -

14/11/2013 :
- Sync with latest CM changes
- Update config for 3G USB dongle support - Still not sure if it works but if it doesn't I think I'm close
- Added a last (the sweet spot it seems) L2 OC @ 1.49GHz with higher bandwidth (4.96 GBPS vs 4.8 GBPS)
- Bumped max GPU vectors bandwidth to 4.96 GBPS
- Lowered default voltage on many CPU freq steps
- Removed date from package naming to replace it with an auto-incremental integer. The upload date does the job already, so it'll just make it clearer for everyone (typical example of new naming : Glitch-flo-r23-CM.zip instead of Glitch-flo-20131017-r16-CM.zip). Also, the CAF based AOSP compatible kernels are now using the same formatting, with -AOSP instead of -CM naming. The future fully AOSP based kernel packages won't have such extension and will only be called "Glitch-flo-rXX.zip".
- Bumped read-ahead buffer to 256k. Best balance it seems
- Added kecinzer's wifi patch for 4.4 aosp roms in OP (to get your wifi back when using my kernel)
- Misc optimizations

16/10/2013
- 3G USB dongle support - I'm not able to test it so please try and report
- Rename "-CMLatestOnly" packages to just "-CM" (Most CM based roms should be updated now)

15/10/2013
- Corrected and bumped godly L2 OC from 1.38GHz to 1.43GHz
- Renamed "godly" items to "glitchy". Though it may be true for the 2.3GHz CPU OC for most users, the L2/bus OC setting should work on much more devices (all tested devices were able to run it stably). This renaming is a self-referential joke of course.
- Added USB OTG charge hack to aroma
- Changed default setting for battery life eXtender to 4.2V in aroma. Keep in mind it'll limit the battery capacity to 93%.
Back to 2 builds only (aosp compatible and latest CM). If your CM based rom is not yet updated with october 14th changes, you'll need to keep using "Glitch-flo-20131014-r18-CM" kernel for the time being. Also, I'll rename it Glitch-flo-20131014-r18-olderCM

14/10/2013
- Mega code trolls hunting including various performance and power saving bugfixes
- Killed Qualcomm's mpdecision for good (showp1984's msm_mpdecision and intelli-plug now working fully / msm_mpdecision is default and configurable. You'll need to disable msm_mpdecision first if you want to enable intelli-plug).
- Added flar2's USB OTG charge hack
- Updated Intellidemand governor
- Added a "godly" L2 OC preset after the "extreme" one
- Read-ahead buffer set to 128 KB as 2048 was having a horrible effect on many games, especially when streaming levels and stuff
Note : There are 3 builds this time. One AOSP compatible (regular one), one for CM based roms not yet merged with 14/10 changes (called -CM), and one for the roms using 14/10 changes (called -CMLatestOnly). If you feel adventurous, you can try the CMLatestOnly build on an AOSP based rom and see what happens - it could possibly work but I did NOT test it yet.

13/10/2013
- Updated kexec support to fix it when used on CM base (the one I'm using obviously)
- Fixed shortsweep
- Fixed magnetic on/off
- Fixed some aroma settings not sticking
- Added tni.andro's battery life extender support / configurable with aroma
- Update sweep2wake/doubletap2wake from flar2, adding new options :
Quote:
Originally Posted by flar2
/sys/android_touch/orientation controls whether sweep2sleep works in portrait, landscape, or both
0 = both
1 = portrait only
2 = landscape only

/sys/android_touch/pwrkey_suspend makes the power button toggle s2w/dt2w
If set to 1, pressing power button to turn off screen disables s2w/dt2w and pressing the power button to turn on screen re-enables s2w/dt2w
- Added new S2W/DT2W/S2S options configuration in aroma

09/10/2013 :
- Fix stupid KEXEC override - Should fix dualboot support (thanks to grondinm for pointing this out)
- Added shortsweep option to aroma

08/10/2013 :
- "Optimize a lot" (use -O3 optimizations)
- Add linaro optimizations
- Some more optimization on top of that
- Bump to linux 3.4.1
- Changed GPU idle freq to 128 MHz instead of 320 MHz

07/10/2013 :
- Sync with latest CM changes (the kernel should work fine on the latest CM based roms. It may break compatibility with AOSP roms though, so I'm preparing an AOSP based kernel as well). If you are not using a recent CM based rom this update won't work correctly ! ----> Added a build without these CM merges to preserve AOSP or older CM based roms compatibility.
- Cleanup and small fixes
- Removed 654 MHz GPU speed for now
- Changed GPU mult from 1/9 to 1/3 (you may notice a little performance gain though it could make your previous GPU OC unstable) - May help to prevent stuttering
- Added kexec-hardboot support for dualboot
- GPU max vectors bandwidth bumped to 4816 MBPS (from 4660)
- Default GPU speed set to 450 MHz
- Enabled NTFS RW support
- Bump default read-ahead buffer to 2048

24/09/2013 :
- Merge android-msm-flo-3.4-jb-mr2
- Optimizations
- Added "balanced" preset for L2/bus settings, + add informations to aroma so you'll know how presets scales versus stock. It's the one selected by default.

23/09/2013 :
- Cleaned thermal code to prepare for below patch
- Added kernel-based thermal control (based on @crpalmer's work) patches from flar2, adapted for CM source
- Added thermal presets to aroma

22/09/2013 :
- Reverted build breaking patches

21/09/2013 :
- More debug stuff disabled
- Added Intelli-plug, intelligent hotplug cpu driver with eco mode from Faux123 - disabled by default in favor of mpdecision
- Optimizations

20/09/2013 :
- Added more OC freqs steps for CPU and 654 MHz step for the GPU (for lucky users).
- Added configurable OC features from flar2 (ElementalX) - Set default selectable freq limit to 1566 MHz (limiting effectively the boot frequency) - Needs Aroma installer addition to get things as we want.
- Updated ARM topology and added cpu_power driver
- Higher uV/oV limits for more tweakeability
- NTFS built-in support added
- exFAT support added as a module
- Added Aroma Installer to configure OC and some features
- Changed file naming to hopefully be clearer. The name is now showing as Glitch-flo- year / month / day - r hour (example : Glitch-flo-20130920-r10). This way you'll just have to look for the day and revision number, starting from 00 up to 24 max. It will limit me to one release per hour.. Should be okay
- Disabled Faux Snake Charmer support as it may interfere now that we can set max freq from aroma
- Removed 50 mV pre-uV to prevent SoD for some users
- Normalized 8064 freqs - Default is now 1512 MHz like stock
- Disabled debugging here and there to gain some more speed
- Disabled ftrace in favor of the dynamic version
- Added and enabled dynamic fsync from faux123 / removed fsync disable stuff

19/09/2013 : The kernel is now public
- Since 20130919.0904 kernel, the default CPU frequency is 1566 MHz instead of 1.9GHz. If you couldn't boot or if your device was unstable on previous build, try this one or newer build.
The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to Tk-Glitch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SupWiz17
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Looks like a nice kernel that will really show what this device can do

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Nexus 4 running RBJ with Trinity

Nexus 7 running RBJ with Trinity
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SupWiz17 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tk-Glitch
Old
Thanks Meter 3038

DONATE TO ME
Thanks.

That's what I'm trying to make. And I *think* (may be wrong though) I'm the only one yet using a fully working GPU OC implementation on flo kernel. It's an adaptation of Galaxy S IV's (i9505) GPU OC code from Team Hydra.
It seems 627 MHz is around the max possible with stock voltage, probably even 600 MHz for many. I'll see what it can do with a bit more juice.

Other things to do : add more frequency steps for the CPU, lock the default freq, and make the L2/bus speed configurable.

After that I think we'll be able to push the thing to the limits if we want to.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Tk-Glitch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Crwolv
Old
Thanks Meter 431
Thanks for your hard work I'm going to try it on pacman ROM I'll let you know how it goes

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Detroit country charity artist,android lover,
Im an All around noobness fighter learning and spreading the help wherever I can cuz we all need help sometimes,really loathe mean attitudes or when someone is picked on or bullied .if u need just ASK cuz i only wanna help i ask for no thanx clicks or donations!even my songs are Open Source
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crwolv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tk-Glitch
Old
Thanks Meter 3038

DONATE TO ME
Thank you, I'm curious to know what results you'll get
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tk-Glitch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Crwolv
Old
Thanks Meter 431
Awesome so far .WOW

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

I wanna show u my settings, I use trickster, so sound and faux kernel app to get the results I need was going to show you pictures but all the sudden XDA premium has no picture button I'm a little lost their. Touch responses phenomenal and just like faux kernel the sound is this did really well I can finally listened stock sound sucks on this product even know what has supposedly way better speakers, thanks to people like you I can actually hear the videos I watch without headphones now. Thank you very much I've been using it for about 5 minutes swimming around on everything and everything smooth as hell

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Add me on gtalk. Motownstation@gmail.com

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

I'm kinda pissed,paid XDA apk all of a sudden has no way to show pictures. Argggg

Detroit country charity artist,android lover,
Im an All around noobness fighter learning and spreading the help wherever I can cuz we all need help sometimes,really loathe mean attitudes or when someone is picked on or bullied .if u need just ASK cuz i only wanna help i ask for no thanx clicks or donations!even my songs are Open Source
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crwolv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tk-Glitch
Old
Thanks Meter 3038

DONATE TO ME
The problem exists on the free app as well ^^
Try scrolling up and down away from the images and back on them, it'll eventually show up at some point.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tk-Glitch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thunderger
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Thanks for your work. I'll give this kernel a try.

Coming from N4 motley kernel I'll love to use init.d scripts to set up color "calibration", sleep states, etc. What do you think about implementing / documenting such features for your kernel?

Otherwise, let me see if I need something. Hm, what about USB OTG and ntfs/f2fs support?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thunderger For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tk-Glitch
Old
Thanks Meter 3038

DONATE TO ME
USB OTG is working out of the box. NTFS/F2FS support isn't. I'll look into adding them =)

Your idea is nice, I'll think about it.

Thanks =)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tk-Glitch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
aosp, cm11, flo, glitch, kernel