Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Bricked XT890

OP rwl

5th March 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi. The problem is as follows: phone stuck on boot screen. I can boot into fastboot mode, but choice of any menu item returns to the boot screen. Accordingly, I can't boot into recovery. I flashed a different recovery (stock, CWM, TWRP), but still can't boot into it. I also tried to flash system. Fastboot writes following: "BLKDISCARD ioctl /dev/block/mmcblk0 fail".
I could be wrong, but I think that is a hardware problem, because /dev/block/mmcblk0 is internal memory.
I hope for your help.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1944.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	246.9 KB
ID:	2613782   Click image for larger version

Name:	vc.png
Views:	181
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	2613783  
5th March 2014, 02:08 PM   |  #2  
Flag Hamburg, DE
Thanks Meter: 46

129 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwl

also tried to flash system...

i cant tell if its a hardware failure.
but did you try RSD-Lite to flash? if not go for it.
6th March 2014, 12:42 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5m00v3

i cant tell if its a hardware failure.
but did you try RSD-Lite to flash? if not go for it.

Yes, I tried to flash using RSD lite, also unsuccessfully.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rsdlite.png
Views:	59
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	2615605  
6th March 2014, 11:09 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 26

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwl

Yes, I tried to flash using RSD lite, also unsuccessfully.

That seems really odd.

Do you have your bootloader unlocked? If not, you may return the razr on warranty.

If it is unlocked, please give it a last try flashing my recovery from there: http://android.matthias-larisch.de/razr-i/recovery/

using fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

When that succeeds, boot into recovery (use volume down to navigate in fastboot and volume up (NOT power) to select) and try flashing your rom from zip. If that fails but recovery boot suceeds, please use adb and enter "parted /dev/block/mmcblk0 print" and post output here (maybe you should do that BEFORE trying to flash rom).

If even recovery does not flash/boot, then it really seems like a hardware error. Last try is razr i unbrick from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2283433 that guide although I don't think this can help.

Appreciate your feedback!
6th March 2014, 12:20 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosixCompatible

That seems really odd.

Do you have your bootloader unlocked? If not, you may return the razr on warranty.

If it is unlocked, please give it a last try flashing my recovery from there: http://android.matthias-larisch.de/razr-i/recovery/

using fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

When that succeeds, boot into recovery (use volume down to navigate in fastboot and volume up (NOT power) to select) and try flashing your rom from zip. If that fails but recovery boot suceeds, please use adb and enter "parted /dev/block/mmcblk0 print" and post output here (maybe you should do that BEFORE trying to flash rom).

If even recovery does not flash/boot, then it really seems like a hardware error. Last try is razr i unbrick from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2283433 that guide although I don't think this can help.

Appreciate your feedback!

Thank you very much, but phone is already sold. Most likely your recovery not be loaded as the rest. Unbrick also gave nothing.
6th March 2014, 12:49 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 26

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwl

Most likely your recovery not be loaded as the rest. Unbrick also gave nothing.

Okay. It was not really clear to me if you flashed recovery the right way, that's why I posted. Only thing special in recovery version I posted is the included parted binary which I told you later to execute, that's why I recommended that one.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread