Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,510 Members 55,323 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Trouble with the touchscreen? Or is it lag?

Tip us?

vipthomps
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Trouble with the touchscreen? Or is it lag?

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I've tried a few ROMs - CM11, Carbon, and currently SlimKat and often (every few minutes) the interface sort of pauses. By that i mean touches are not registered. I've turned on display touches in developer options so i can see when the phone is behaving.

Its very strange because Philz Touch Recovery never has any problems but the phone is almost unusable at many points during the day. Often can't even unlock the darn thing.

I don't think its the actual digitizer because during its lucid moments there is no delay, touches are where they should be etc but then it will simply not work. Most often it involves the keyboard (which i'ves switched from the built-in to the Google Keyboard on the play store as a test). I've run some of the display test apps and am able to use every point on the screen...when its behaving.

Any help is appreciated!

Zeljko1234
Old
Thanks Meter 1846
On some Motorola Atrix it was problem with cable between motherboard and digitizer with about the same behavior as you described.
Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD unlocked with optimized CM11
LG G Pad 8.3 unlocked with LINARO/SABERMOD CyanogenMod 11
Motorola Atrix 4G (AT&T) unlocked with (MROM CM7) CM9 with Polish(ed) 3.1.10 kernel
Nexus 7 unlocked with CM11 my own build

vipthomps
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeljko1234 View Post
On some Motorola Atrix it was problem with cable between motherboard and digitizer with about the same behavior as you described.
Thanks for the info I'll open it up tonight or tomorrow to take a peek.

Zeljko1234
Old
Thanks Meter 1846
Some users managed to find working position of damaged cable. In your case, maybe is just plugged out from connector or contact became dirty.

Be careful and good luck!
Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD unlocked with optimized CM11
LG G Pad 8.3 unlocked with LINARO/SABERMOD CyanogenMod 11
Motorola Atrix 4G (AT&T) unlocked with (MROM CM7) CM9 with Polish(ed) 3.1.10 kernel
Nexus 7 unlocked with CM11 my own build