Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Which model do you own?
16GB model 226 95.76%
32GB model 10 4.24%
Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

Smile [MOD][GUIDE]Partition your internal SD for better App management 16GB & 32GB Models!

OP metalgearhathaway

9th February 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cookley
Thanks Meter: 2,119

2,103 posts
Donate to Me
More
************************************************** ************************************************** ***********
UPDATE 19th July

I have added my donation details to my profile, following a request from @A-S who wished to donate and request a build.

I will always build for people, but he really wanted to donate so I set up the link!

You may thank him for the new versions he requested if they suit you! 10gb & 12gb now available!

32gb Model now supported! First tested and verified 6gb Data version attached, ask if you wish for different partition sizes! !

Beware #1 - Preload moddified version are NOT suitable for Samsung Stock Roms!

Beware #2 - Pre-Load moddified versions are for custom roms that do not use pre-load area! Please post on the respective thread for your rom and ask the author the question prior to using these versions if you are unsure! (I can tell you that SlimRoms & Cyanfox do not use preload, at present at least)

Beware #3 - If you want to go back to stock rom, you just need to flash my standard edition pit files, easy!

************************************************** ************************************************** ***********

Increase your data application partition and set your device free!

Are you bored of having to move apps to SD?

Bored of facing a stock issue of not even being able to move apps to your internal SD?

This thread will help you, currently only for n7000 16gb Model only.
[/COLOR]

GUIDE - The usual rules apply, You will:

IMPORTANT: Please backup all your photos, videos and other important stuff on your PC, in the cloud or somewhere else where it is safe, as all your stuff on your internal SD card will be deleted!

1) Run compatible version of Odin, put your phone in to download mode (vol down/home/power button) and connect to PC via USB

2) Tick re-partition box

3) Click PIT button and select the pit file of your desired app partition size.

4a) Click PDA and select your stock official samsung jellybean rom - Edit- please remember if you use a rom that is not native to your region, it would be wise to flash the appropriate radio modem afterwards to ensure you get the signal strength you'd expect

4b) OR Flash your persnonal choice of kernel in *.tar format and pit file, reboot to CWM ( power button/vol up/home button) and install new rom or restore nandroid and boot as normal and skip to number 9 in this guide

5) Flash and wait for reboot

6) Let the phone reboot and wait until the android chap finishes his spinny wire ball belly animation and then remove the battery and do a factory reset using the usual power/vol up/ home trick.

7) Let it boot so you can check that you are happy with the result. ( I didn't, but you might want to)

8) Now flash your chosen rooted kernel and either stick with stock rom or enter CWM and flash your own custom rom.

9) When your phone boots, you may get a notification to format usb storage, say yes if prompted! If it that fails, connect you phone to your PC and format the the internal sd card manually.

10) Remember that Android likes automatically deciding where apps go, so sometime it tries to put stuff to SD itself (app requests it), it is worthwhile checking your installed apps to makes sure they went to internal app partition, you can tell this by either:

a) Look in Titanium back up, go to the move/integrate section and see if any apps show as moveable from SD to internal, if so run the batch process to put them on your nice new app partition, otherwise you may have issues running those apps.

b) If you don't have Titanium (why not?) then check the harder way by looking at app manager and swipe to the right to look at SD app, sort by size and then individually move ones back to internal storage.

11) That easy! Here is a shot of my resulting app manager

Files attached to post including original pit in case you want it back to stock values!

Enjoy!

Thanks to @RivakDebbie for testing this pit file on his own N7000
Last edited by metalgearhathaway; 19th July 2014 at 11:05 PM. Reason: 32GB Model now supported!
The Following 80 Users Say Thank You to metalgearhathaway For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #2  
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 8,939

5,726 posts
More
Welcome to the N7000 @metalgearhathaway
Just as a matter of caution, an idea. Would you mind considering to add something like "please backup all your photos, videos and other important stuff on your PC, in the cloud or somewhere else where it is safe, as all your stuff on your internal SD card will be deleted!"
Thanks again for your contribution 👍

Sent via GALAXY NOTE N7000 // KitKat
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AA1973 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cookley

2,103 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA1973

Welcome to the N7000 @metalgearhathaway
Just as a matter of caution, an idea. Would you mind considering to add something like "please backup all your photos, videos and other important stuff on your PC, in the cloud or somewhere else where it is safe, as all your stuff on your internal SD card will be deleted!"
Thanks again for your contribution 👍

Sent via GALAXY NOTE N7000 // KitKat

Done, would thank you, but only 8 allowed, needs extending a little I reckon
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to metalgearhathaway For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2014, 09:07 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 12

82 posts
More
Works like a charme! Thank you, been waiting for this since I have my Note! You made my Day!
9th February 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cookley

2,103 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandur

Works like a charme! Thank you, been waiting for this since I have my Note! You made my Day!

Cool, pleased to be of service!

Nice to see positive results back so quickly
The Following User Says Thank You to metalgearhathaway For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2014, 09:59 PM   |  #6  

82 posts
More
Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalgearhathaway

Cool, pleased to be of service!

Nice to see positive results back so quickly

BUT your Instruction 4b dosnt work for me, CM11 told me some thing like Device Auto is not supported... after flashing a complete Sammy-ROM as instructed in 4a evrything works fine!
10th February 2014, 08:32 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cookley

2,103 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandur

BUT your Instruction 4b dosnt work for me, CM11 told me some thing like Device Auto is not supported... after flashing a complete Sammy-ROM as instructed in 4a evrything works fine!

Cheers for letting me know this.

To check, did you then follow 4a and get stock rom on and then upgrade to cm11 afterwards and all worked? I assume so?

Please confirm that and I'll update OP for CM/KK users
The Following User Says Thank You to metalgearhathaway For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2014, 10:46 AM   |  #8  
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 5,744

2,259 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks. Just tried it and re-partitioning is done very well.
The Following User Says Thank You to kmokhtar79 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2014, 11:22 AM   |  #9  

82 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalgearhathaway

Cheers for letting me know this.

To check, did you then follow 4a and get stock rom on and then upgrade to cm11 afterwards and all worked? I assume so?

Please confirm that and I'll update OP for CM/KK users

Yes, let the SammyROM Boot, Format internal SD and then install CM

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7000 mit Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pandur For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #10  
Flag Manila, Philippines
Thanks Meter: 56

397 posts
More
Amazing! Simply works. Big THANKS OP.

With a new & better custom TW custom ROM (Arya V4) & a reborn C.O.H.-based kernel (Forrest-Helloworld-Make), the only missing thing in our N7000 is a dual boot using the latest kernels & CWM recovery.

The Following User Says Thank You to daeinnor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
memory, more data, n7000, partition, pit file
Previous Thread Next Thread