Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,646 Members 47,674 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to make wallpapers fit???

Tip us?

robster8719
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default How to make wallpapers fit???

Hello xda I have been out of the android department for a while. To be exact its been since December of 2011 and since than I have been a member of the iOS family. I have recently gotten back into the world of android with a galaxy s4. Unfortunately I have run into a problem that I used to all the time when I had my old htc evo. The wallpapers do not fit. They are always zoomed in. Regardless of the crop it zooms in. Some launchers allow the scrolling effect which if you scroll the five slides you see the whole wallpaper but I am not really looking for that. I was more hoping to see the whole wallpaper at all times (like I do on iphones). I have seen post about different wallpaper apps that can crop the wallpaper to fit right but unfortunately those are not working for me either. They always zoom it to far out and half my screen is black while the middle is the wallpaper. I just dont get why this was an issue almost 3 years ago and it still is....

w7excursion
Old
Thanks Meter 150
Crop them yourself on a computer. I don't have any problems with my wallpapers. Sure yours have high enough resolution? Doesn't sound like it. The s4 has a full hd 1080p screen.
Nandroid - drank

cruise350
Old
Thanks Meter 585
Make sure the wallpaper is sized for the S4, and don't compare android to crappy iOS. When you only allow one phone and one tablet it is easy to make apps and wallpapers. There are 100's of different android phones and tablets, screen sizes and shapes, so making a universal wallpaper is a little harder to do.
Phones & Tablets: Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 8", Evo 4g LTE, Evo 3D, Acer Iconia A500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Ipad 2, Nabi 2,

Rom: Rooted Stock Odexed, Hotspot Mod, Xposed, Wanum, several other xposed tweaks
Firmware: NAE
Kernel: Stock
TWRP: 2.7.1.0