Ask a question

No registration required

Audio [Q] Streaming Music (Subsonic) over Bluetooth display issue

OP bcdudley

22nd January 2014, 05:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Been using an app called Subsonic to stream music to my 2013 Ford Sync. Been working great for months until the Verizon update hit my phone at the end of December. After that, I was able to get Bluetooth streaming working again, but the display says "unknown artist / unknown track" for every song now. It used to display the id3 tag info. The Subsonic app did not update so I don't think it is the app.

Any suggestions.
6th March 2014, 02:20 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
More
Had the same problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcdudley

Been using an app called Subsonic to stream music to my 2013 Ford Sync. Been working great for months until the Verizon update hit my phone at the end of December. After that, I was able to get Bluetooth streaming working again, but the display says "unknown artist / unknown track" for every song now. It used to display the id3 tag info. The Subsonic app did not update so I don't think it is the app.

Any suggestions.

I think it is the app. I had the same problem and then something changed and I no longer got the tag information. Tried everything to deleting the app, unpairing, etc. but it didn't work. Then I was reading about another Subsonic app for Android called Ultrasonic and it mentioned in the changelog about Bluetooth enhancements, etc. I loaded this app on my phone and, voila, I am getting the song information on my car display. For grins, I went back to the Subsonic app just to make sure it wasn't working and.....it wasn't. So, load up the Ultrasonic app. It's got more features anyway.

Kevin
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread