Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,670 Members 44,544 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Best way to get line-level audio output from RAZR HD?

Tip us?

JHW3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Best way to get line-level audio output from RAZR HD?

Everyone,

I have the RAZR HD from FIDO (XT925) running the stock ROM (4.1.2). Occasionally I would like to connect my phone to my home stereo (via AUX input) to listen to music files that are e-mailed to me, or to streaming audio services. I would rather not do this via Bluetooth.

Is there a convenient way to get a line-level audio output from the RAZR HD? If so, what kind of cable do I need?

Alternatively, I have a cheap but good-sounding USB DAC (Behringer UCA202) -- any chance this could be connected to the RAZR HD via USB to get a line-level output?

Thanks in advance.

Sumanji
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Hey,

I might be being a bit stupid here, but why can't you just use the headphone port? I assume this is not good enough quality for you or something?

Cheers,

Su
Motorola RAZR HD XT925 (Canada) ~ CM11 M8 ~ TWRP 2.7.0.0 (DHacker build) ~ ART ~ Moto 3.0 Kernel
Google Nexus S i9020 (World) ~ CM11 M8 ~ CWM 6.0.4.8 ~ ART ~ Guru Kernel 0.9.4
LG G Pad 8.3 V500 (USA) ~ Stock Android 4.4.2 ~ Stock Recovery ~ ART

JHW3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumanji View Post
Hey,

I might be being a bit stupid here, but why can't you just use the headphone port? I assume this is not good enough quality for you or something?

Cheers,

Su
The headphone port is OK but requires the volume on both the phone and the stereo amplifier to be turned way up, which is inconvenient and leads to a lot of noise. I believe this is because the headphone port is designed for headphone impedance, which is lower than the impedance of a line input.

Sumanji
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Ok, gotcha - same problem with the HDMI output? That could work even better, as you could wire it straight into an A/V receiver, right?

If not, this may be helpful:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/andr...-usb-dacs/1875

(Post 1886 and onwards)
Motorola RAZR HD XT925 (Canada) ~ CM11 M8 ~ TWRP 2.7.0.0 (DHacker build) ~ ART ~ Moto 3.0 Kernel
Google Nexus S i9020 (World) ~ CM11 M8 ~ CWM 6.0.4.8 ~ ART ~ Guru Kernel 0.9.4
LG G Pad 8.3 V500 (USA) ~ Stock Android 4.4.2 ~ Stock Recovery ~ ART