Originally Posted by Cowboy_Henk
I tried this
But it doesn't work. It gives you drivers for win XP and Vista, I tried either of them for the 'mtp device' but windows doesn't take it.
Ok but when I want to install CM11 do i need all this? I can install the google usb drivers:
I take for "acer a700" device : Android ADB interface and for "MTP device" I take: android composite adb interface.
And when I do the test "adb devices' it gives me a number, so this means it's correct right?
So when I have this I can install clockworkmod and CM11?
When I have CM11 installed could it be I can see the acer a700 in my computer?
If you have "adb devices" returning a serial number, it's ok, your device is well regconize in debug mode
So you can install CWM without problem.
MTP (Multimedia Protocol) is the protocol used in order to access the storage of your device, without it, you will not be able to explore/copy files on your tab.
You can try to change the protocol in your tab settings and use PTP instead of MTP, but with PTP (Photo Protocol), only JPG will be accessible via USB.
CM11 is using MTP too for USB storage connection.
* Acer Liquid S100 (LCR E/S/F, LiquidNext)
* Samsung Galaxy S2 (7comp)
* Acer Iconia A510 (CM10*, CM11, AOKP, 7comp)
* Acer CloudMobile S500 (CM 10, 7comp, MIUI)
* Acer Liquid E1 V360 (Root)
* Acer Liquid E2 V370 (Root + custom UI/framework)
* Acer Iconia A1-810 (Root + custom UI/framework)
* Acer Liquid S1 S510 (Root + custom UI/framework)
* Acer Aspire P3 i3 (Dual boot : Windows 8 + Android 4.2.2 Root)
* Acer Liquid S2 S520 (Root + custom UI/framework)
* Acer Liquid E3 E380 (Root + custom UI/framework)