No Signal after 4.4.2 update
Today I updated my i9505 from Cynogen Mod 10.3.1 to the new "[AOSP] Official 4.4.2 - S4 Google Edition - Final-R1.1
" by Jamal, but I read that you needed to update to the leaked 4.4.2 before flashing so that the modem and bits are upto date before flashing any 4.4.2 ROMs or else you could end up with no wifi after flashing.
So I followed these instructions to flash the leaked 4.4.2:
- Extract (unzip) the firmware file
- Download Odin3 v3.09 (From here or here)
- Extract Odin .ZIP file
- Open Odin3 v3.09
- Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
- Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add AP_I9505XXUFNA5_373648_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_C ERT.tar.md5 to AP
- Add BL_I9505XXUFNA5_373648_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_C ERT.tar.md5 to BL
- Add CP_I9505XXUFNA5_373648_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_C ERT.tar.md5 to CP
- Add CSC_OXA_I9505OXAFNA5_373648_REV06_user_low_ship_MU LTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CSC
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Click start button, sit back and wait a few minutes.
Which all went well but I couldn't get Wifi after flashing, and (probably not important) but the default language it choose during the setup was Dutch??? Seeing as I couldnt get the wifi to enable I decided to flash Philz Touch Recovery v6 and then put Jamal's "S4 Google Edition - Final-R1.1" by putting it onto the SD card and flashing through Philz recovery.
Flashing went without a problem.... only thing is now I cant get Vodafone (UK) signal 80% of the time, the other 20% I do get signal and can make calls, just seems strange as previously 80% I WOULD get signal!
Did I do something wrong? I had a really bad feeling that flashing the CP, BL and CSC has somehow messed things up......please help!