Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,290 Members 46,048 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]How to install OTA update on a rooted & bootloader unlocked device ?

Tip us?

FromBabylon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q]How to install OTA update on a rooted & bootloader unlocked device ?

Hi Guys !

I first apologize if my english is not really good i'm french

After a happy sunday i realised that my post in a previous thread was not at the right place because of the title :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2617832

So here i come with a more explicite title !

To resume the situation :
I bought an HTC one mini in France a few days ago. I decided to root it so as to remove some gapps and other bloatwares and improve battery life. The fact is, i didn't see there was an update for 4.3 android (with my older SGS3 it has always proposed me to install it so i first thought there was no up) and saw after there's also one for 4.4.
And now i can't install this OTA as i'm rooted. After the tuto root i followed, i was also TEMPERED & S-ON. So i follow something to get S-OFF and remove the TEMPERED mention. I also got supercid with the same tuto. (i had some difficulties but gaining root in adb shell made all work fine for me)

Now i am :
My build number : 1.32.401.2.
S-OFF
SUPERCID
No tempered mentions.
Custom Recovery (CWM)

My question is : How to get android 4.4 and sense 5.5 ?

Is it a good idea to directly flash the international 4.4 stock rom from this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2665746 (can't ask people there because it's a developpement thread and my accound seems to have been "reset") ?

I don't know if it's possible to get the OTA without flashing a stock rom (as i'v "only" rooted my device). Some says yes other no...

I've searched a lot but i'm a bit lost with htc root and rom managing. I find it really different from samsung. I had a SGS3 and could find stock rom with ease and rooting was a much more easier !

Thanks a lot in advance for those who read and/or answer !

jmz
Old
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 4,253

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromBabylon View Post
Hi Guys !

I first apologize if my english is not really good i'm french

After a happy sunday i realised that my post in a previous thread was not at the right place because of the title :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2617832

So here i come with a more explicite title !

To resume the situation :
I bought an HTC one mini in France a few days ago. I decided to root it so as to remove some gapps and other bloatwares and improve battery life. The fact is, i didn't see there was an update for 4.3 android (with my older SGS3 it has always proposed me to install it so i first thought there was no up) and saw after there's also one for 4.4.
And now i can't install this OTA as i'm rooted. After the tuto root i followed, i was also TEMPERED & S-ON. So i follow something to get S-OFF and remove the TEMPERED mention. I also got supercid with the same tuto. (i had some difficulties but gaining root in adb shell made all work fine for me)

Now i am :
My build number : 1.32.401.2.
S-OFF
SUPERCID
No tempered mentions.
Custom Recovery (CWM)

My question is : How to get android 4.4 and sense 5.5 ?

Is it a good idea to directly flash the international 4.4 stock rom from this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2665746 (can't ask people there because it's a developpement thread and my accound seems to have been "reset") ?

I don't know if it's possible to get the OTA without flashing a stock rom (as i'v "only" rooted my device). Some says yes other no...

I've searched a lot but i'm a bit lost with htc root and rom managing. I find it really different from samsung. I had a SGS3 and could find stock rom with ease and rooting was a much more easier !

Thanks a lot in advance for those who read and/or answer !

Flash stock recovery and install OTA. As long as you haven't changed a single system file it will work.
If you like my work feel free to donate
Follow me on Twitter

FromBabylon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz View Post
Flash stock recovery and install OTA. As long as you haven't changed a single system file it will work.
And if i don't want stock recovery ? I'll have to reflash CWM after updating with OTA ?

I think i'm gonna install 4.4.2 odex rom from the developpement thread. It seems to be the quickiest way to get 4.4 kitkat
But i'm still hesitating with 2.19 Hboot problem... Don't want to go in the bootloop city (i saw your other post on the file to remove)

Cheers

FromBabylon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,

I'v uploaded my Hboot 2.19 to Hboot 2.21
I manage to install Kitkat odex rom from tr1gg3r84. I flash boot.img as coming from android 4.2. All went fine for me

Problem solve here

Thanks to xda threads of course